Restored Robot Jox Achilles

Ack! None of the pics work for me. :(

I tried putting one of the pics addresses into my address pane, and received an error message---

"This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

Sad face.

Kevin

Geez! Sorry gang. Not sure what's up with Dropbox...that's how I posted the pics. Lame didnt even get a notification...I'll re-link them up.

I can't see them either. Hope you get them fixed soon. If this is the model I saw at a friend's place a while back, it was rough but was amazing to look at.

Re posted pics...

a693599d-4962-ff01.jpg

a693599d-4977-9bd1.jpg

a693599d-498b-c387.jpg

a693599d-49a1-06d4.jpg

a693599d-49af-a651.jpg

a693599d-49bc-700c.jpg

a693599d-49cb-e399.jpg

a693599d-49d8-bd28.jpg

My god, fantastic job restoring that! Last I saw he was in brutal shape, missing a leg or arm, can't recall what. VERY impressed with your work!!!!

That is absolutely stunning! :cheers

Robot Jox is without a doubt the best film ever portraying the settlement of geo-political disputes through giant mechanized anthropomorphic robot combat, hands down.

Bring on Alexander!

OMG! I grew up with this film and I have to say you did an excellent job on getting the Achilles back together. How did you get your hands on blue prints and the robots to make this restoration possible?

If there is ever a run on the blueprints in the JY i'm in. I think Achilles looks better now than he did in the movies. Has anyone else noticed that many of the mecha designs in the 3 mecha movies they did (Robot Jox, Crash and Burn, and Robot Wars) all have the same basic shape. Makes me wonder if they used the basic shape of Achilles as the basis. I know that Crash and Burn and Robot Wars the mecha's main body is really close to each other.

Last edited:
If there is ever a run on the blueprints in the JY i'm in. I think Achilles looks better now than he did in the movies. Has anyone else noticed that many of the mecha designs in the 3 mecha movies they did (Robot Jox, Crash and Burn, and Robot Wars) all have the same basic shape. Makes me wonder if they used the basic shape of Achilles as the basis. I know that Crash and Burn and Robot Wars the mecha's main body is really close to each other.

Funny you should mention Crash and Burn, as it was retitled as Robot Jox 2 in most European markets at the time of release (but they had no relation to one another in plot/character/premise and were made by two different studios). I think the designs were so close to one another because Robot Jox came out first, and Crash and Burn was made as a means on trying to ride on the coat-tails of it. I could be wrong of course.

Last edited:
That is freakin' awesome! I was really into Battletech when Robot Jox came out, and it became my main fix for live action mech combat. Thank you for sharing this with everyone, it looks amazing!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back