Recommendations for buying an Amazing Spider-Man 2 mask with face shell & lenses.

SpiderMancini

Hello RPF. I hope some of you can help with my enquiry.

I would like to buy an Amazing Spider-Man 2 mask with faceshell and lenses, as close to the movie mask as possible, but without spending a fortune. (It doesn’t have to be super movie accurate). It is intended as a museum piece to sit alongside my Hot Toys Spideys, but also wearable too. If I can find someone who also makes a matching suit for purchase further down the line, (Got saving to do) that would be awesome.

Unfortunately I don’t have the skills to make the mask/faceshell etc myself.

I have seen two masks online - one on Etsy with DTStudio Design, which looks pretty good, and the other on RPC costumes. Has anyone here had experience in dealing with either of these? Their prices are around what I’d like to pay, not much more.

The RPC Costumes entire ASM2 costume looks nice, but the eye lenses look like they hover outside of the mask too much instead of sitting plush against the faceshell, as the DTStudio Design appears to.

My problem with the DTStudio Design one is that it may not fit my head. (My head circumference measures around 63cm, not quite Ridley Scott’s Alien size, but getting there!). I’m awaiting their reply to see if they can resize the mask and faceshell.

Is there anyone else that you could recommend? And if they are U.K. based, all the better!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks - Gary “Spider” Mancini ;)

Amazing Spider Labs makes the best Amazing mask, but it's not cheap. The seller seems like they take a long time to respond.

I purchased the Homecoming mask from RPC Studio, but I already had the faceshell and lenses from somewhere else. The quality of the fabric is good and it was custom sized. It took about 6 weeks to ship. RPC is the standard for Spidey masks.

I purchased a Raimi mask from DT Studio Designs. Their masks look mostly pretty accurate. Their Raimi is mask is problematic as the webbing comes unglued and breaks super easily. I wouldn't recommend it. Their Amazing mask wouldn't have that problem. However, I had a huge problem with their face shell. They have a separate listing for it you can look at. It's not plastic at all like they claim. It's made out of a hot glue or wax like material. After wearing it for a while it became a bit sticky when touched. There are metal wires that hold the face shell's shape. One of the metal wires popped out on the side of mine, making it unwearable unless I wanted to get poked in the face. I suspect the face shell would deteriorate over time and I ended up getting a full refund.

Amazing Spider Labs makes the best Amazing mask, but it's not cheap. The seller seems like they take a long time to respond.

I purchased the Homecoming mask from RPC Studio, but I already had the faceshell and lenses from somewhere else. The quality of the fabric is good and it was custom sized. It took about 6 weeks to ship. RPC is the standard for Spidey masks.

I purchased a Raimi mask from DT Studio Designs. Their masks look mostly pretty accurate. Their Raimi is mask is problematic as the webbing comes unglued and breaks super easily. I wouldn't recommend it. Their Amazing mask wouldn't have that problem. However, I had a huge problem with their face shell. They have a separate listing for it you can look at. It's not plastic at all like they claim. It's made out of a hot glue or wax like material. After wearing it for a while it became a bit sticky when touched. There are metal wires that hold the face shell's shape. One of the metal wires popped out on the side of mine, making it unwearable unless I wanted to get poked in the face. I suspect the face shell would deteriorate over time and I ended up getting a full refund.
Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your information.

I decided to go with the DT Studio designs ASM2 mask in the end. I’ll have a look at the faceshell when it arrives, and if it looks dodgy, I’ll look into upgrading the shell. It’ll be mostly for display, but I may pop the mask on now and again ha ha!

Thanks again. All the best - Gary

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back