Re-inventing Lukes ANH Lightsaber- And Vaders too??!?!

Betamin check earlier in this thread, I posted renders several times
icon_wink.gif

The ignited saber above is a different saber than the one we're disscussing altogether...Thats the stunt version that has no "ears" and the control box is at 12:00...

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
E.D.C. Studios wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
That wouldn't be possible, again, look at the placement of the grips compared to other elements on the clamp...Grip #4 is directly opposite the control box, directly behind the d-ring. #5 is visible in the color pic plain as day, while #4 MUST still be behind the flash where the D-ring is. And we can see #4 in the top pic DIRECTLY opposite the box.
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

I'll buy that. That is, assuming these are all the same saber (seems like they are).

DARTH SABER wrote:
The ignited saber above is a different saber than the one we're disscussing altogether...Thats the stunt version that has no "ears" and the control box is at 12:00...

Okay well I have a non ignited picture

luke_gaffi.jpg

I see 3 what about you guys?

Yes, the ignited Saber is different then the 'Hero' saber we have been talking about. I can only assume it also had 7 grips, although without a pic counting them at this point I'm not sure I can be sure of anything.

BTW, if anyone wants to Screen Cap something: In the MFalcon when Luke is training with the Remote, there is a moment where he is hit with a Blaster shot from the Remote and he actually takes both hands off the Saber (rare for anyone in ANH) and you get a shot of the Saber from the bottom/end cap side. If the Stunt/ignited version had a d-ring, it might be the same as the Hero version.

Witterquick wrote:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
DARTH SABER wrote:

</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Okay well I have a non ignited picture

luke_gaffi.jpg

Yes I know, thats the pic I originally posted...Heres the run down...All of the scenes in Bens house have the saber with 7 gripd (excluding the stunt saber)...
The scene where Luke and Ben find the dead Jawas, Luke seems to have the 7 grip saber with one grip missing...

The scene where Luke jumps out of his speeder at Mos Eisly and chases the Jawas away, he has the 7 grips....

And the scene where hes sitting on the cargo hold on the falcon, he has 6 grips....

And the Stunt has no ears...

[/quote]

Yes I know, thats the pic I originally posted...Heres the run down...All of the scenes in Bens house have the saber with 7 gripd (excluding the stunt saber)...
The scene where Luke and Ben find the dead Jawas, Luke seems to have the 7 grip saber with one grip missing...

The scene where Luke jumps out of his speeder at Mos Eisly and chases the Jawas away, he has the 7 grips....

And the scene where hes sitting on the cargo hold on the falcon, he has 6 grips....

And the Stunt has no ears...

[/quote]

Lets see scence caps of all of those please,

Thanks

I cant do screen caps, but if you throw the video in a VCR you'll see....
Cann anyone post screen caps of the scenes I mentioned above?

So 6 or 7 grips doesn't make a difference then. There is a six grip saber seen several times from what I've read here. Is this correct?

Shadowknight wrote:
So 6 or 7 grips doesn't make a difference then. There is a six grip saber seen several times from what I've read here. Is this correct?

Yeah Basically aparently the grips were attached with elmers glue and one fell off

The solid proof shows 7 grips. We have only a few questionable screen caps that may prove 6.

I know PoSW continued the misconception of 6 grips and the wrong D-ring for a long time, but it was Icons that started it. We were only guilty of believing they did their homework. PoSW was created shortly after the Skywalker Icons saber came out. If fact we started researching all this stuff because we wanted ESB sabers and the Icons was an ANH. Therefore, all our research was concentrated on the ESB.

So far I'm not yet convinced that the ANH D-ring bracket is like the Icons version be shorter. It just doesn't match the profile of the saber prop (or the Bowcaster for that matter). Like Darth Saber pointed out, we have no evidence of a fastener even in pics where something should be visible.

are you saying that your are not sure what the actual folded over metal looks like, or are you saying that you are just not sure what was used to hold it on , ie rivit or screw?

by the way, are you guys planning an update of the posw site? that might include all this new info, and mebey some aotc stuff?

From what I can see in the "toe" pic there doesnt seem to be any evidence of any fastener at all....I positiond my D-ring attachment in the same exact potsition as the one in the "toe" pic and I could easily see where the rivet head and the hole on the rivet head was...But in the toe pic you cant see a rivet, head hole or anything....Im wondering if they used one of those flat domed screws that have no slots at all...

Or maybe they used 2 fasteners side by side, to keep the D-ring attachment from spinning around..

I'm wondering if they took a rectangular piece of metal, attached it to the bottom of the saber with a screw/rivet, added the d-ring, and bent the metal over the d-ring to 'hide' the 'earthly' screw/rivet, thus no screw/rivet is visible.

Im think going to make my own folded metal piece...

Just took another look at the scene where Luke jumps out of the speeder at Mos Eidsly and chases away the jawas....The spacing between the grips is consistant with a 7 grip version.. Also, it looks like the D-ring is attached in the same position as the "toe" pic..
If you have a few seconds take a look at this scene in slow-mo and tell me what you think..

I'll say this much for the 7 grip version. If there were 7 grips, and one fell off--all the more reason they attached the grips in ESB with screws.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back