Raimi Spiderman Suit Differences

Haha people noticed, maybe they just didnt say so BUT lots of people noticed.

Terrific thread so here are the things I knew about..

Chest spider is black and smaller in the 2002 film. (Back spider is printed) boot soles are black.

2004 suit they adjusted the colors fixed the finger "gussets" and Palm/wrist patterning. Added foam back spider and changed the boot soles to red (as previously mentioned, and why.. The train railroad tie scene)

*The hands can be seen clear as day by comparing promo shots from the first 2 films.. Don't even have to watch the movie to get that one*

The 2004 pattern (also as mentioned) was the subesquently stolen and scanned pattern that would eventually became the staple of all spider man suits/patterns to come.

For 2007 they changed the chest spider to match the webbing..

There were most likely more changes along the way but those are the ones I've noticed or noted over the years.

Again this is an EPIC thread for those of us who've loved the Raimi spider for so long.

And with Yuri recently finding the original Oakley lens shape.. The Raimi suits these days can be really really really really.. Really accurate.. (Somewhat costly but yeah.. We've almost done it fella's!!)

Nothing wrong with the new films (or the newest kid who will carry the legacy forward).. But for me personally, Sam Raimi and the suit as designed for the original trilogy was the one.. So..

This is the type of thread that becomes invaluable to those of us who geek out and seek that elusive iconic screen accurate Raimi display.

Huge thanks to all the members for sharing. This is what makes any forums STRONG (the members)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back