R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy

My posts from Facebook.
Edited somewhat.

One of my very earliest memories in life is of sitting on the floor in our living room, watching Star Trek with my father. I was around three or four years old. (I used to think that every 'Alien of the Week' was a Klingon.) The character I latched onto the hardest was Spock. I wanted to adventure with him so darned much!

Spock has been the background radiation of my existence. By his example I learned not to let the bullies get to me. I learned to rise above my own fear and their hate. Objectivity. Stoicism. It was the gravitas of Spock that allowed me my lifelong interest in Sci-fi. In the pain of my early youth, with Spock, I was not alone. With Spock I had some comfort, and a guide through the woods.

I first saw Leonard Nimoy in person at the age of eight. He was at the opening of a new department store just down the street from my house. A 'Two Guys', if I remember correctly. This was in the days before conventions. I can see him now, as though I were still there, frozen in that moment. I was so awe-struck. And then out of all the people filing past, he chose ME to speak to! It was terrifying, and I could barely mumble a response to him at all. Then too soon, my mother whisked me away, and the moment was over. Over, but I'll carry it with me forever.

I knew you in my earliest childhood, and I've loved you since that day.
Live long and Prosper, Mr. Nimoy.
And God speed.

Leonard Nimoy and of course "Star Trek" have always meant a great deal to me and he will certainly be greatly missed. I made a little tribute music video to mark his passing. Take a look at it here:

Last edited by a moderator:
thought I'd share this here. a piece of art I did as a tribute to Mr Nimoy.

MrSpock-MauroBalcazar-site.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back