Question: The armor used in the Misfits TV series

i got the armour for this superhoodie and im quite pleased with it but i found Peter's superhoodie costume the whole set minus boots and pouches as not looked for them yet and there are much easier to come by as these are around 2010 items not 90 mix tho i will continue on this armour set

image.jpgimage.jpg

Just thought this might help someone.

Would anyone have any idea how to replicate the effect of his visor ? ... i am tearing my hair out. I've tried looking into One way perforated vinyl and motorcycle visor inserts with no luck yet - but neither of these are the same.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8lmwlzMEx1rdba1yo1_500.png

Any help at all would be appreciated :).

Thanks in advance,
Volgun

VOLGUN,
I have never seen the show but I think I can help you,

I worked in designing robitic automation in an air filter production plant, and I would bet my bottom dollar that is an air filter pleate.
if you look closely at the first pic you posted you can see the pleates and the wave of the filter media (notice how the pleates gather in some areas and not others. ( the lines are not parallel ) Trust me, I have seen enough air filters to know im right on this one. think of Laforge on Star Treck.

I would find a large air filter and modify it. kinda like this picture

airfilter.jpg

The first step. I would do is to water down black Writ dye and dye the filter black ( or gey if they make Grey Writ dye) and let the dye dry by placing it pleate side up/ rubberside down allowing the dye to run to the bottom leaving a greyish black filter media.

The next step I would do is to glue the pleate from top and bottom to prevent them from comming apart when you cut the blue rubber (plastisol) off.
( make sure you do this in the same shape as your visor. ) You will need to remove the blue rubber in order to see through the pleates. then cut out shape of visor

sorry did a quick paint but you get the idea. Im not cosplayer and I dont realy make outfits, but I thought about Making Mid Evil Armor for next Holoween

airfilter.jpg

Attachments

• airfilter.jpg
    airfilter.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
If you look closely at the first picture I posed, you can see that over the eyes is fabric. You can see loose threads. I can't imagine how the actor seen a darn thing, but yeah, fabric glued on.

ok, I have barry's set all fleshed out, but I reeaaallly want peters set from 03:03, and I cannot for the life of me find it...anyone have any leads on that set while we're at it?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back