QUESTION: In the SW universe cannon, are Fett's helmets the same one?

blewis17

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thought this might go in the replica costuming section, but probably better here. Since "The Mandalorian" establishes that the ROTJ Sarlacc bucket (with its more worn/acid-washed look) is according to Boba actually his father Jango's helmet, and then Boba repaints the bucket more closely to its ESB appearance....

...is the ROTJ helmet paint scheme just supposed to be a degraded, severely worn-down version of the ESB bucket?

Well....the thing is, there are folks that are 'upset' that Boba repainted his armour after getting it back from Mando & Cobb Vanth,...I don't really see it that way,....I see Boba, now, retrospectively, as a guy who updates his gear,...(in fact, kinda like Mando)

The ESB armour is quite a bit different than his RotJ costume (I prefer the ESB version), it fits into the narrative of the OT that nothing stands still (Obi-Wan wearing Tattooine rags all the time introduced in the PT?????)

J

What was that old EU story about Jodo Cast? IIRC, he got Mando armor and impersonated Fett so he could get high-priced bounties of his own, but Fett killed him and kept his armor as a spare.

Jango's helmet was blown up in the Clone Wars series by young Boba himself trying to kill Mace Windu:

The Mandalorian finally established that Boba Fett loves to repaint his gear quite often: the repainted version sports both ESB and ROTJ color schemes:
p1ep8ldgktfmj12negfrl652e53.jpg
NEW_FETT.jpg

The ESB suit was more of a scavenged-pieces-through-missions-all-over-the-galaxy variant (established by Lucas and Johnston), while the ROTJ suit had a symmetrical paint scheme. I love the attention to details for the post Sarlacc suit in The Mandalorian, but sadly they failed to do an accurate gear.

I hope the Mandalorian and new canon will bring in the idea from the Republic Commando novels that some Mandalorians wear parts of armor from their family. So you might have a completely mismatched set because you're wearing armor parts from your Mom, Dad, Aunts, Uncles, maybe even grandparents, or farther back to honor and remember them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back