Question: How would I make a faceshell stop wobbling?

RapidDisc

Bit new here, so I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing, but I think this is probably the best place to ask something like this.

Okay, so I have a faceshell that fits on my head perfectly fine, nice and snug, so long as I'm not moving my head. But even with the mask on tight, the shell still tends to wobble around when I turn my head. I've considered getting a headband and attaching it to the inside of the faceshell to keep it still, most likely by velcro straps since I seriously do not trust myself with glue of any kind; would that work, or is there a better way to make it fit more snug?

I assume its for a Spiderman suit?

my faceshell has been pretty rock solid but its designed for my head and its the type that wraps over and around so it sits more like a helmet than a face mask.

However perhaps some thin elastic bands on the back (like a paintball helmet or hockey goalie helmet) may help?

Do you have any foam on the inside of your shell? I tend to put a little along the brow and that makes it grip a bit better... plus blocks some sweat from making it to my eyes.

I use window insulation foam along the eyebrows and along the temples! It keeps my shells pretty stable.

Alternatively for a more premium finish, you can buy leather VR faceplate foam so it is easier to clean, but I find they can be too thick sometimes depending on the shell shape and size.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back