Propatorium at Marscon 2008: in Minnesota, pictures page 4

Re: Propatorium at Marscon 2008: Feb 29 - March 2 in Minnesota

I've got a few pieces I'm going to try very hard to get there for folks to look at. I have a very fine set of helmets from TOS Galactica that are off the beaten path... Baltar's flight helmet, A Colonial military security helmet (thanks Bob), Starbuck's Starchaser helmet from The Long Patrol, and a Daggit Squadron helmet from Galactica 1980. I have a couple of other things too like a Ghost Trap and a Buck Rogers Directorate pistol. I have a very extensive collection of Galactica insignia (all researched and verified), but I dont know if I'll have the time or opportunity to get it organized on some sort of display. I won't just let it flop around loose.

-G

Less than a week bump!

And don't worry Gordon, anything you can't get ready to display this year, you can bring next year! :D

Obi-Bob

Just a little something I modded, to get people in the mood... :D

marscon_proproom_flyersmall.jpg
marscon_flyer2.jpg

Russ

Last edited:

Coolio! I'm not sure if this will be the biggest display ever assembled, but we can sure hope! :lol

Are you going to bring some of those posters to hang in the halls? Cuz that would be cool and stuff! :thumbsup You might want to put the hours in there somewhere, 3 - 7 on Friday, and 10 - 7 on Saturday. PM, of course, that is.

Mike and I are going to be at the hotel for awhile Thursday night, hauling in supplies, our stuff, setting up the room, in case anyone wants to drop off their stuff early. I'm expecting to be there by 8:00 or 9:00, cuz things generally take longer than they should. Mike had been planning on 7:00, but his wife's non-bionic knee has been acting up, so I'm not sure if that will mess with his time schedule.

See you guys soon! It's not too late to blow off whatever else you've got going this weekend and come on over! :D

Obi-Bob

You might want to put the hours in there somewhere, 3 - 7 on Friday, and 10 - 7 on Saturday. PM, of course, that is.

Boy, you just want EVEYTHING don't ya? :D

I'll see what I can do. ;)

Coolio! I'm not sure if this will be the biggest display ever assembled, but we can sure hope!

That's the wanna-be promoter in me. :) At least I din't say "Lets get ready to rumble" and post a pic of Indy being chased by a boulder! ;)

Russ

At least I din't say "Lets get ready to rumble" and post a pic of Indy being chased by a boulder!

You could go with one of my radio faves...

sunday, Sunday SUNDAY!!! You'll pay for the whole seat...BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE!!!!!!!!

:lol

-Ss

Hey! It's me, MN Jones, 1st post (FINALLY!)

I'll start bringing props in tonight. I'll be there by 10:00 am the latest come tomorrow.

As for what I'm bringing.... (drumroll....)

Raiders of the Lost Ark:
• Gobler’s Golden Idol & Magnoli Stand
• Sandbag
• Redfour’s Headpiece of the Staff of Ra
• Flying Wing Pieces (w/photo of Flying Wing Pieces in Tunisia & Toy Flying Wing)
• Bible Ark Painting
• Life Magazine
• Toht’s Hanger
• Map Room Brush

Temple of Doom:
• Lao Che’s Gold & Pouch
• Sankara Manuscript
• Nurhachi’s Funeral Urn
• Peacock’s Eye Diamond
• Anecdote
• Holster

Last Crusade:
• Cross of Coronado
• Clover Lighter
• Grail Knight Sword
• Gobler’s Holy Grail
• Magnoli Grail Diary
• Redfour Grail Rubbings
• Grail Tablet

Indiana Jones (other):
• Passport
• Indy Fedoras & Stands
• DM Bullwhip – Holsters – Resin Guns – Bags, etc
• Crystal Skull Poster
• Official Pix – three of ‘em
• 12 Inch Indy & Jones Sr. on Motorcycle
• Lego Indy

Star Wars
• MR Luke ROTJ Lightsaber
• MR Darth Vader ROTS Lightsaber
• MR Darth Vader ANH Lightsaber
• MR Darth Vader ESB Lightsaber
• MR Darth Vader ROTJ Lightsaber
• MR Stormtrooper ANH Blaster
• MR Han Solo ANH Blaster (Elite Version)
• MR Han Solo ESB Blaster
• MR Darth Vader ROTS Helmet
• MR Clone Trooper ROTS Helmet
• MR Stormtrooper ANH Helmet
• MR Boba Fett ESB Helmet
• Park Sabers Lightsaber
• FX Armor Stormtrooper Helmet
• Jedi Training Remote – owned by JediHealer
• Custom Lightsaber Hilts – owned by Sithsherald

Other:
• SSC T-2 Endoskeleton Skull
• Hot Toys 12 Inch Endoskeleton
• SSC Bob Burns King Kong Armature
• MK Maltese Falcon
• MR Pirates of the Caribbean Gold Pieces

Not bringing the 1/4 scale Sideshow stuff this year. I'll also have some reference books, and a couple fun DVDs & VHSs for more eye candy. See ya tonight (or tomorrow).... or Saturday.... :cool

You could go with one of my radio faves...

sunday, Sunday SUNDAY!!! You'll pay for the whole seat...BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE!!!!!!!!

:lol

-Ss

Oh, yeah, that guy! I wonder if we could get him to announce during the tour. "And over here is a light saber Saber SABER!" That'd be sweeeet!

And it's good to see you finally post, Mike!

It turns out Gordon probably won't have any of his stuff on display this year, unfortunately. A long time local fan and con-goer, Roadkill, died a couple days ago. Some of you met him at the prop party at MNFex. Gordon and his wife are going to be spending time with Roadkill's wife tonight, and won't be able to make it Friday, either. Too bad about not being able to have his props for display, but he's taking care of more important business.:(

Obi-Bob

Boy, they let anybody on the RPF these days! ;)

Just kidding Mike, welcome aboard!

Russ

Well, Mike, Blair, Chris and I were at the hotel last night, getting things set up, and it's already looking pretty dang cool! At least we only had sleet last night, not the beginnings of a blizzard like last year. (I think we need a shivering smiley....)

Well, I need to grab a few more things and blast on over there. Mike's probably already there by now, or at least in transit. See you guys soon!

Obi-Bob

Well, Mike, Blair, Chris and I were at the hotel last night, getting things set up, and it's already looking pretty dang cool! At least we only had sleet last night, not the beginnings of a blizzard like last year. (I think we need a shivering smiley....)

Well, I need to grab a few more things and blast on over there. Mike's probably already there by now, or at least in transit. See you guys soon!

Obi-Bob

umm what room you guys in?!!

Well, we were in 306, but you know that now!

Glad to see all you midwest RPF types at the con! Been way too long, even for those who it hasn't been that long. And for some of you waaay long drive types, it was especially good to see you! Thanks to all of you who took the time to drive out here, hauling gear to show or wear, and spending a little bit of your time with us! It was a blast.

For those of you who couldn't make it, the room was a crushing success! We had a better turn out than last year, and I think the tour and panels helped out a bit. I was speaking with one of the concom last night, and they may be rearranging things next year, so we may be on the main floor - maybe. It's kinda nice to be out of the way, but more convenient might be good, and more space to display might also be a definite bonus.

I've got to do some adjustments before posting pics, and find a site (Flickr, Printroom, something like that). I took a lot more pictures than last year, but there were some amazing omissions... I don't think I have any pics of that mini Weta raygun, or Tom Servo, and only poor pics of Mike's Endo head. :rolleyes Oh, well. I know some people were really jazzed over Servo, and I really like Rook's S:AAB gear, Ghostbuster's pack, Starship Trooper's garb, Dave's Rocketeer and Elvish helmets and Gimli ax, Mike's MR Fett helmet, and.... Okay, I really like it all!

So, pictures will be forthcoming, just not tonight from me. The Propatorium went over very well, and the con was a bit more of a party con than normal. With out going into any details, (not that I have any that would probably be relevant, and I rather doubt The Bad Guys check the RPF - but "loose lips sink ships"), some non-American troops had a layover at the hotel, and the con staff decided to comp the troops with free memberships, and after wandering around for awhile (wondering what the frak was going on), they wound up really enjoying themselves. It was very, very unique, and a lot of fun. A lot of the troops stopped by another room I'm involved with, the WDF (World Defense Force), which had been decorated up similar to The Swamp from MASH, and they totally loved it! "It's just like headquarters!" Lotta fun!:cheers

Sorry I missed some of you guys. I don't know how I didn't run into a couple of you on Saturday.... My apologies.

I wasn't expecting this post to be so long, but I just wanted to thank everyone who stopped by to show off their stuff, or just hang out for awhile. I know some of your schedules were rather limited, but it was still great to have you around! And a big thanks to Minnesota Jones for all his work and displays, obviously! And thanks to Rook for the extra room posters. Thanks for bringing your Robin outfit, Tony. I wish we hadn't been in the middle of the tour. Hopefully next year will work out better. As I get more rest over the week, I'll probably think of others, too.:sleep

Obi-Bob

Bob, you can always go Photobucket for image hosting as well.

Great weekend even though the original guest of honor didn't show up. Geeze, hard to imagine an actor wanting to go to work and make money... ;)

@Neosporing: Sorry I didn't get to chat with you more! Same thing happened last year too! One of these years you'll have to come for the whole con and not just a few hours on Saturday. Oh well, quality over quanitity I guess. :)

Sorry I missed a bunch of you Saturday night. Had family to deal with. I knew I should have drunk more Friday.
For future reference, never put of drinking until tomorrow what you can drink tonight!

And Scott! Where's my T-shirt? ;) How was "Mike" received? Catch any babysitters?

Russ

Last edited:

PICTURES!!!!!!!!! I love FINALLY having a digital camera, no more running film to Pro-Ex, getting it developed, scanning each one in one at a time.... ugh!

Now, I have them all ready in their digital glory!

http://www.minnesotajones.com/Marscon_2008.htm

If there's any pic you really must have, I have the bigger rez versions on my computer at home. Let me know.

Enjoy!

Mike
MN Jones

Looks like it was a great turn out this year! Some year I'll make it up there for this!

See you guys at CON-Vergence!

Yup... I can pretty much testify... it looked JUST LIKE THAT. LOL!!

I really am bummed that I couldn't get my stuff down to the hotel for the display, but hey, when a friend needs you you just do what needs doing. Jennifer and I needed to provide some emotional support for a friend who'd just lost her husband to cancer. I'm sure you'll understand the prioritization. :)

-Gorodn

Well, I comprehend the prioritization, doesn't mean I agree! :lol I know, very tough times for her and friends and family. Not fair.

Well, I haven't finished fixing my pics, but I notice that Ben has some of his pictures up. http://www.freemars.org/mnfan/MarsCon/2008/Sat-index-1.html has some prop room pics half way down. And there's the occasional pic of Rook and Keith. And others, even more mysterious.....

And there are some pics of the M*U*S*H* (Mobile Universal Space Hospital) room about half way down here.
http://www.freemars.org/mnfan/MarsCon/2008/Sat-index-3.html The room was transferred into The Bog, instead of The Swamp. Green Death from the still, filtered and purified with Minibot. Put on again by the WDF. Somehow I wound up not spending much time there, which is unusual. Joe probably spent more time there than I did. Too bad I wasn't there at the right time!:(

Obi-Bob

Okay, I've finally mostly finished fixing my pictures, and uploaded them to Flickr. So, here's hoping it works....http://www.flickr.com/photos/24502629@N04/ I'm not sure how much bandwidth I've got for people downloading; hopefully it'll last a little while.

And Goat, it'd be good to see you more than once a year! If you wanted to show anything off that you're not actually wearing, we could probably make some room.:cool

Obi-Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back