Project Almanac (Post-release)

It was fun and enjoyable. I liked all of the references to other time travel movies, the Butterfly Effect that occurred from minor changes, and the feedback loop when two of the same person are in the same place.

Time travel movies have great potential to be either really fun and though provoking or really boring and/or confusing. This one did pretty good

Incredibly boring; and the ending - well wished the movie ended around 20mins earlier. Then again I sat through it [why!!!!!] much like I sat through Butterfly Effect 2; which was ummm maybe 3% better than this "film"

Okay, I just watched this movie.

I felt that the movie itself held a lot of promise, and while it could have been better, it lived up to my expectations. The portrayals of the main characters were very well done, borrowing from the standard tropes of the unpopular kids without going overboard into ham territory. In particular, the chemistry between the two main characters of David (Jonny Weston) and Jessie (Sofia Black-D'Elia) was very palpable, even from their first meeting.

Now, the biggest plot hole of this movie is the initial catalyst that caused the main character to find his father's plans for the time machine to begin with. That plot hole is the idea of him being $20,000 short to go to MIT. MIT practices a system where if you get admitted to MIT, MIT will make sure that you will go, even if you cannot afford to. They admit you based on your merit and what you can bring to the school, not on whether or not you can pay the bills. Basically, if you get in, they want you focused on your studies, not your tuition and fees.

Tossing that little nugget aside, the rest of the movie is actually very tightly written and decently researched.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back