Pirates of the Caribbean SAO FENG'S CHART Map WIP FULL MAP CANVAS

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean SAO FENG'S CHART Map WIP

That looks fantastic, how much did it cost to get that done? And by that...I realy mean, how much is it gonna cost me? :lol

I just started the interest thread in the jy. Its not done yet tho. Just getting warmed up :cool

Okay say that one more time. Lol Sorry I'm trying to picture what you're saying

Ah, sorry... It was late yesterday... Are you planning to make some kind of wheel on the bamboo that you can rotate the map just like in the movie...

I mean, it would work, and with rotating wheel you can still roll it, but only if the wheel is in the correct position...

But that would be cool...

I got word from the_eli that he hasn't yet perfected a method for that. It's the one big stumbling block, and one they completely avoided dealing with during the making of the movie. However, since they also made roll-up versions of the charts for the movie, this can easily be considered a replica of one of those. :)

Either way, I'm stoked to see these go off.

Here is the latest update with photos.

You will see that I have reprinted the map on canvas and glued it to the bamboo sticks. (the canvas probably needs to be aged a bit on crease lines to give it the movie effect it had) On the oposite side, I painted a drk brn, sanded and then aged it a bit with some scraping and carving.

As far as the border as seen in the screen caps, I am still playing with the materials. The photo shows two sides done with colored duct tape that I would then age as well. OR I might just buy a lace style material to use instead.

I also put a hole on one side, where I have attached drk brn leather string to tie it temporarily. I will be making a strap to go on the edge with a hole to thread the leather string. (View the photos to see what I am talking about)

Anyway, this is what I got so far...

Awesome start mate. Really look forward to seeing the end result:)

Regards
TAZ

Any tips on aging? I want to age the borders a bit. Because it's printed on canvas it looks too 'new'

Honestly, what worked best for the awesome canvas Time Bandits map I got from micdavis was burying it out in the dirt in a dry spot for a few weeks.

However, some sort of very light brown-tinted wash might work as well.

If anyone wants a canvas print of the FULL map, check in the jy.
attachment.php

Last edited:

Heres the new canvas images with FULL map. Now to get them onto the slats. Should be done by next week

attachment.php

Oi! Oi! I would be happy to get one on canvas mate! I already have the bamboo but just haven't had the time to transfer my plot to paper to bamboo!

How is the clarity of your image?

Its great man! I really have nothing bad to say about it. The imaging center did a great job.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back