Pip-Boy 3000 (Fallout) build, start to finish! Plus my Fallout 3/New Vegas collection

Wow, I'm away for a little bit and see what I miss lol. To answer the questions in build order,
The gap is pretty good out of the box, but I did get into a bind when I sanded a little too much myself at one point, just slow steady hand sanding got me back to square.
No problems with the inverter in its housing space wise for me, I test mounted it in a bunch of areas before finding the sweet spot though!
For weathering I love to use acrylic paint, thinned down with water to a milk like consistency dab it on generously and then wipe and blot off the excess with a clean rag. This wash leaves the color in low areas for depth and also you can choose how much to leave on the surface for grime/dirt. I used black and raw umber for this.

Re: Pip-Boy 3000 (Fallout) build, start to finish! Plus my Fallout 3/New Vegas collec

Hey, can you please send me a link to were you bought this from if they still make them. thanks :)

Re: Pip-Boy 3000 (Fallout) build, start to finish! Plus my Fallout 3/New Vegas collec

I got one of these from Skruffy a couple of years ago duringone of the christmas exchanges-- I honestly didnt know what the heck it was. Now that I see, I am probably going to convert it to a predator gauntlet!!

That PipBoy is outstanding!!! Nice job!! I really love your collection/display too!

I got the kit from Skruffy on here, do a search for him or Pip Boy 3000 in the classifieds and it'll come up! Can't recommend the kit or Skruffy enough!

Thank you for the compliment! I am really happy with my Fallout collection, HUGE fan of the games!

Gorgeous work, how did you do your weathering/wear and tear effect?

Also, I want to snuggle your cat... in a not weird way.

pip boy!!! anyone thought of using a small lcd screen just curious>

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back