Pepakura stormtrooper WIP

I've got some new stormie armor coming in the next few weeks that is vastly more accurate than the previous armor that I posted. The originals were edited from models that I got from Sci-Fi 3D: The Ultimate 3D Sci-Fi Resource.
The detail on my newer armor isn't much higher than the other ones, but it is much smoother and has a more accurate shape. I may have another helmet coming along with it. (asymmetrical) I've spent a lot of time trying to make a simpler helmet and still keep it as accurate as possible.

I got hacked yesterday and lost most of my software trying to clean up my pc, so I'm trying to find my pepakura key so I can finish everything.

Those shoulders definitely look better than the ones from my files. Great work!:thumbsup
Sorry 'bout ninja-ing your thread:ninja but since my files were used, I thought it would be ok. :angel

Very cool I've toyed with the idea of doing some pep armor there are alot of good tips over on the 405th website

where did you get the shoulder bells? those are like the only thinks im missing from my pep files.
by any chance, could you please send the file to me?

I made the shoulder pdo file using this 3d file.
You also can download the shoulder pdo file from here.

In this pdo you have the outer and inner part of the shoulder, I only build the outer part. Also, anyone willing to correct or improve the pdo is very welcome.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards.

I've got some new stormie armor coming in the next few weeks that is vastly more accurate than the previous armor that I posted. The originals were edited from models that I got from Sci-Fi 3D: The Ultimate 3D Sci-Fi Resource.
The detail on my newer armor isn't much higher than the other ones, but it is much smoother and has a more accurate shape. I may have another helmet coming along with it. (asymmetrical) I've spent a lot of time trying to make a simpler helmet and still keep it as accurate as possible.

I cannot wait to see those new armor files and the new helmet.

I got hacked yesterday and lost most of my software trying to clean up my pc, so I'm trying to find my pepakura key so I can finish everything.

Can I help you in some way to get your pepakra running again.

Those shoulders definitely look better than the ones from my files. Great work!:thumbsup

Thank you very much, I posted a link to it in this thread, you are welcome to improve it (I know you can ;) )

Sorry 'bout ninja-ing your thread:ninja but since my files were used, I thought it would be ok. :angel

No problem, I am very glad you used this thread to post the info about your upcoming stormie files :thumbsup

Please keep us updated with any progress you made.

Best regards...

Looking forward to your new stormtrooper armor. Your previous one is already really good, too. Are you going to add minor details, such as the buttons, oxygen packs on the right thigh piece, belt, and all that good stuff? Also, is it gonna be harder or easier to assemble than your previous one?
Really looking forward to it! Good luck

Last edited:
Hi all, sorry for the delay, I had lot of work this past days.
Now I have some time to post new parts of the costume.

These are the peps of the shoulders and chest.

Next step will be fiberglassing the shoulders (so, if I made some mistakes, I will not lost the helmet and chest :love )

Keep you informed.
how do you glue your pieces? it looks so clean. everytime i glue stuff with the glue gun, it always end up messy with glue strings everywhere

how do you glue your pieces? it looks so clean. everytime i glue stuff with the glue gun, it always end up messy with glue strings everywhere

I use UHU Super Glue. The dry time is perfect for me. And it produces (as you said) a very clean bond.

Thank's for your comments.

Wow, Pola - awesome work so far,and thanks for posting the build progress. It's inspiring to know that it CAN be done!

I've got some new stormie armor coming in the next few weeks that is vastly more accurate than the previous armor that I posted.
AGH! You're KIILLING ME!!!! I stumbled across the RPF looking for reference on my first-ever prop build, an E-11. Since then finding your pep files, and seeing Pola's thread I've decided I HAVE to try to do the whole suit now (well, I'll need SOMETHING to display the blaster, right:love?....gotta try that line out here before running it past the wife and getting her to let me put up a TK mannequin in the house). Now I can't wait to see what you've come up with!

@ pola: I changed my Pep scale settings to the sizes you listed in Post #12. Now some parts are too big for 8 1/2 X 11 paper settings. How did you print the larger pieces?

Dungbeetle, think you could hit me up with a link to that new armor? I really want to make a set but I want to see if the new set is better/easier. Thanks

Hi! Discovered pep 2 weeks ago. Using diluted wood glue on the card. Its a bit snug so used tissue fiberglass on the outside. Applied 1st pass with body filler and lots of sanding. Working on blaster when fecked off sanding or waiting for stuff to dry.

View attachment 43714

Hi! Discovered pep 2 weeks ago. Using diluted wood glue on the card. Its a bit snug so used tissue fiberglass on the outside. Applied 1st pass with body filler and lots of sanding. Working on blaster when fecked off sanding or waiting for stuff to dry.

Excellent job :thumbsup, keep us informed of your progress.
My work is stopped right now (I have a lot of work this time of year) :cry

Best regards.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back