Pee-Wee's Back!

but..but.. he is creepy. to be honest, I just haven't enjoyed any scene with him in because I just get this whole pedophile vibe when I see him.

he's unnervingly odd to the point that I just find the character distasteful. fair enough, some people like it but it ain't my speed.

Thanks. Great post. Contributed a ton to the topic. He is no pedophile.

For everyone else who cares:
This kid was in a Metal Band called "Antimony." All us old Metal Guys thought that was hilarious.

DSCF5835.jpg

He basically just talked about what came to mind and answered questions as long as they were thoughtful and intelligent, otherwise he ignored them.

DSCF5838.jpg

DSCF5841.jpg

This is where he spent most of the time, leaning against me. I thought you guys would like a close up of his suit material. He was fascinated with my Vintage Pidgin Hawaiian Shirt, and we talked about Valley of the Dolls.

DSCF5831.jpg

All in all it was a GREAT night.
Laffo.

Laffo, did you talk to Paul, or PeeWee?

LOL!

How funny would it be if he stayed in character!

He was Paul. If he had to illustrate a point about the Pee Wee Character he would do the voice. He talked a lot about the process of writing this show in particular and a good deal about how insulated he was the first time around and how he had no idea of the profound effect he was having. He got weepy a little at the end because he said our response to his shows had been much more heartfelt than he expected.

Got a great laugh when he said, "Well I did everything I could to kill the Pee Wee Franchise."

Laffo.

Awesome pics! I always liked the Pee-Wee Herman character. It was just icing on the cake when Twisted Sister was in the movie Pee-Wee's Big Adventure...... oh yeah, and when Predator (Kevin Peter Hall) was in the movie Big Top Pee Wee.

So in movie thread it's okay to ***** endlessly about how much you hate a movie.

But here a guy makes one comment about how creepy and pervy a character is and he catches hell.

Easy folks.

So in movie thread it's okay to ***** endlessly about how much you hate a movie.

But here a guy makes one comment about how creepy and pervy a character is and he catches hell.

Easy folks.

Whew. I'm glad you chimed in. I wondered where I was going to find my moral compass, thanks for the instructions.

This wasn't a thread about who hated the Character and why, and the active participants are well within their rights to try and keep it on track.

Laffo.

Got a great laugh when he said, "Well I did everything I could to kill the Pee Wee Franchise."

He's great! It's a delicate thing, and he handled his comeback very well. He seemed to recognize just when people were willing to accept the character again. Obviously there will still be some unwilling to move on, but that's to be expected.

Awesome story, thanks for sharing.

If you are on Facebook, he has a page there where he posts pictures from the show and updates. I'd love to have him tour around.

Love Pee Wee, always have. :thumbsup

He made a mistake.... Wish I could go back in time and fix a few of mine! :rolleyes

Glad to see him back on the road again!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back