Parks sabers is evil

l33tLX

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Saw a listing on ebay today for an Original graflex 3 cell done up in luke esb/tfa style along with a kylo ren aluminum saber for $1250. Upon looking at the pictures the graflex appears to be a parks replica. So I messaged the seller and inquired further, mentioned I thought it looks like a parks replica and nicely stated that the seller may have not known what he had and if he would like assistance I could go over the details with him.
Turns out it was actually Jeff Parks himself listing the auction and he replied and said that it was an original, vintage graflex and in fact the one he used to base his first working 3 cell replicas on.
Not convinced of its originality, the clamp lever, red button and glass eye are clearly his replicas, I inquired further as to the condition of the flash.
His response this time was that the red button, glass eye and clamp lever WERE his replica parts installed on a vintage piece, and also that the slide switch is missing as it had broken off. This detail is not shown anywhere in the pictures on the auction and nowhere in the description does he state that there are any replica parts on the flash. Only that it is a true Original/Vintage piece.
I then asked him if he would list what he had described to me in his auction and he responded by saying he would be honest with any interested parties.
It took me 2 messages to get info that should have been stated from the beginning in his auction as to the authenticity of his item, and he says he's being honest about his intentions.
He is clearly misrepresenting himself for financial gain and that is absolutely disgusting

It is easy to find the auction on eBay.

There is a picture of the bottom of the bottom, and that is definitely a Parks' replica, not genuine.
The only part I am not sure is a replica is the top, but even if that part would be genuine, a 30% original Graflex could still not be called an "Original" Graflex.

Last edited:
It's still up, I just checked...

Pretty shady using replica parts and not mentioning it. It's even worse if the slide switch is missing and he doesn't show it in the photos or mention it in the description.

It's still up, I just checked...

Pretty shady using replica parts and not mentioning it. It's even worse if the slide switch is missing and he doesn't show it in the photos or mention it in the description.
My searchfu must stink. I've tried every combination of graflex, saber, kylo, ren, replica, aluminum, etc. and can't seem to find it. Not that it matters; I just wanted to check it out out of curiosity.

Weird. It is the top result I get if I search for Graflex and Aluminum.
Actually, it is not an auction but a Buy It Now. If you have the "Auction" filter enabled then you won't see it.

Saw that listing, I agree. It is most definitely at least half replica parts and I'm pretty disappointed Jeff is being shady about this.

Figured I'd give him until today to Change or take down his listing. As he has not I have gone ahead and reported him to ebay

I saw this auction and the first thing I thought was that I'm slipping because the lever looked fake, guess I was right! Disappointed by mr parks. He's in a position to provide a positive light on the fan prop business... And he seems to do the opposite. Actions like that could cost us the freedom that lucasfilm gives us!

Also, the Ren saber doesn't look very good. It makes it even more ridiculous when you think about the price breakdown. Like, how much of the $1200 does he think that is worth and how much does he think his at best half real Graflex is worth?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back