Pacific Rim (Post-release)

Gipsy Danger 18" .......SWEEEEEEEEET

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/357603347638919171

BPZ2WZsCIAEjI2u.jpg:large

The "first landfall" bridge scene and Gipsy Danger's fall were both in daylight, and looked fantastic. I think night time is just more dramatic. Cheaper, maybe, but giant monsters coming up from the deep, under your feet, in the DARK? Much scarier.

And did anyone else think the sword took away from the movie? That bothered me much more than the scientists.........

Just watched Pacific Rim and wow ... I mean WOW. Enjoyed every minute of it, can't even remember the last time I had that much fun watching a movie. The fights were just ridiculously cool and every time a Jäger punched a Kaiju I was grining from ear to ear.

Thanks, yeah been catching up on those booth photos, so cool :). Though I wish the Gipsy Danger statue had at least one hand in punching mode, thankfully that will be possible with NECA's figure.

And did anyone else think the sword took away from the movie? That bothered me much more than the scientists.........

I found the sword was Over-Powered...just like the M16 in Call of Duty :p
But seriously, when I saw it come out I was questioning why they didn't use it whenever possible...

Somebody needs to put these behind an aquarium tank with live fish!

I have seen many ask the same thing, why didn't they use it sooner or more often. Of course if they had done that, it really wouldn't have the same impact to the viewer as it did in the movie.

See, that's just it- it didn't have ANY "impact" in the theater I was in- everyone groaned or even laughed. Made me feel like it just didn't translate well. And yeah, if they had it, they should have used it.

Watched it yesterday ... nice, enjoyable popcorn movie :)

Godzilla meets Transformers with some scenes "stolen" from flicks like ID4 and even the Avengers.

Go see it :thumbsup

Markus

Saw it tonight, and it was awesome.

I could have sworn that little scientist guy was JJ Abrams, till I sat through the credits.

I guess the best way to sum up how I feel about it, is that it's a live action version of the GI JOE and Transformers movies when I was a kid. A little darker plotwise than what's normally shown to kids on the tv, but still not something that can't be shown to little kids who just want to see big monsters and robots fight.

It was pretty awesome, and I'll be picking up the blu ray :)

I heard it's already gone past the theatrical run of Pan's Labryinth for earnings.

Chris

Regarding the chain sword, it was only used twice and under very specific situations. First, the bat Kaiju had Gipsy and was flying up into the stratosphere. They couldn't miss hitting it and the Kaiju while holding Gipsy would be braced so the impact from the sword would be pretty damaging. The other situation was the Kaiju swimming at Gipsy very quickly. Sheer inertia kept that Kaiju going as Gipsy cut through it. The Kaiju literally did the damage to itself by running into the blade. With what it took to get 5000 tons of Kaiju meat going, when it hit the sword it wasn't going to stop on a dime, it just tore itself to shreds.

Now honestly, I would question why they don't start out with two armed Plasma guns when they're at range. Don't let the heavily melee centric monster get close enough to touch you, fry it from a distance.

I just figured they couldn't use the plasma guns under water. With all that crackling electricity I thought it'd short out or something.

Chris

Sure, underwater that makes sense.. but above water they should have just been blazing away at Kaiju. Hell, that nice wall they built, setup plasma cannon batteries so if anything was approaching the wall they could take shots at it.

Sure, underwater that makes sense.. but above water they should have just been blazing away at Kaiju. Hell, that nice wall they built, setup plasma cannon batteries so if anything was approaching the wall they could take shots at it.

I loved the movie...but while we are on the subject, instead of putting up your defenses in various cities, why not just set up shop right there at the rift and blast em right when they come out.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back