pacific rim jaeger pilot helmet + more

that would probably the best way to get the best face cover, but i don't have that type of gear. so there's 3 options that I've thought of:

buy it off someone (if i can find it), use the plastic i have around the house and just glue it on (which is what i currently have done, i used toy packaging plastic that i hadn't thrown out yet), and maybe try to shape some thick clear plastic i have with a heat gun (which i will try next)

i also tried looking at motorcycle helmets but the visors are never big and dome-y enough.

i'm doing this on an almost non-existing budget, so my options are limited. but you're on the right mind set of what is actually needed

here's an update

100_0984.JPG100_0985.JPG

i really like a lot of stuff you did, i like the LED lights, the carbon fiber looking finish, the plastic helmet shield i just had a hell of a time getting together, and the spine! man that part intimidates me, it has a lot of repetitiveness and angles to tackle, but you did it. great job on everything. here's a few more reference photos, i agree it's limited. 46967L.jpg
View attachment pacific-rim-pan-pacific-defense-corps-pilot-43.JPGView attachment pacific-rim-pan-pacific-defense-corps-pilot-23.JPGView attachment pacific-rim-pan-pacific-defense-corps-pilot-76.JPGsdcc_pilot_suits.jpgpan_pacific_defense_pilot_1.JPG

i really like a lot of stuff you did, i like the LED lights, the carbon fiber looking finish, the plastic helmet shield i just had a hell of a time getting together, and the spine! man that part intimidates me, it has a lot of repetitiveness and angles to tackle, but you did it. great job on everything. here's a few more reference photos, i agree it's limited. View attachment 276036
View attachment 276038View attachment 276037View attachment 276039View attachment 276040View attachment 276041

Not as hard as it looks, just time consuming lol. If you have any questions just message me on facebook.

i got some details on the gauges done, well i still need to paint them, but they're mounted/glued onto the suit. i want to make sure later on i can add lights to it and i also want to add the little silver balls inside, i had some too big and some too small, so i'll go out later to find 3 little silver balls that fit.

100_1053.JPG100_1057.JPG

so i've been stuck on the pacific rim project until recently i was able to get a gray under armor that would work for the suit and i think soon i will continue to finish the suit up. i also got distracted by a Judge Dredd costume/build i am working on (as well as work and stuff like that).

100_1189.JPG100_1193.JPG100_1190.JPG100_1191.JPG so this is what's side tracked me. i have a lot of this together so idk which i'm going to try to finish first. i went with a mixture of the movie version and the comic, i purposely added a blue wash and made the helmet wider at the base to match the comics. but the gun is a direct copy of the movie one as is the badge. i got a jacket that matches pretty well to his suit but it's not leather, but i did get some leather looking pants and motorcycle boots and gloves. so it's mostly details like the shoulder pads and belt that are left to finish up as well as fixing up the gloves and boots with some black and green to make it look more Dredd.

i know some other people have done some amazing dredd costumes but this really is a budget build. i made the helmet and the gun out of foam. and i just eyeballed stills from the movie to get the measurements and stuff.

100_1199.JPG100_1200.JPG100_1201.JPG here are some close ups of the dredd build. i'm almost done with everything i'd say i'm at 90%

- - - Updated - - -

100_1195.JPG100_1198.JPG this is what i have so far. i actually already have the tinted glass shield done but i haven't taken a picture of it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back