Nordic carved armour - Skyrim

Hi Falli

I used the Nordic Shoulders with my recent Witch King Build;

2013-06-21 13.35.07.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

They were very quick to make in card and then reinforced with fibreglass. I then used nylon strapping and rivets to hold the pieces together, and some elastic strapping to hold them to me.

My gosh this is amazing, I love all the detail on the armor!!! 2 questions though: Do your gloves come all the way up to around your elbow, and if they do, where did you get them? And the other one is where did you find the fur, and was it cheap? Is it fake fur, because I would rather not use real fur for my build.

I'm building a Lich King (not to be confused with the Witch King above haha) costume and those are two things that I've been having trouble locating.

Keep it up, this is looking awesome!

Excellent...what silver did you use?

I just used a standard Dulux quick dry spraypak, colour bright chrome. It could stand to be a little less bright, but it was the closest colour to what I wanted. Looks great drybrushed anyway :)

Hi Falli

I used the Nordic Shoulders with my recent Witch King Build;

They were very quick to make in card and then reinforced with fibreglass. I then used nylon strapping and rivets to hold the pieces together, and some elastic strapping to hold them to me.

Nice job! I'm learning pepakura and fibreglassing too, but I couldn't find an unwrap for the nordic carved armour set. It's a different armour set to the nordic plate mail (confusing, blah), and a great ref thread for it is here. Love that helmet too :D

My gosh this is amazing, I love all the detail on the armor!!! 2 questions though: Do your gloves come all the way up to around your elbow, and if they do, where did you get them? And the other one is where did you find the fur, and was it cheap? Is it fake fur, because I would rather not use real fur for my build.

I'm building a Lich King (not to be confused with the Witch King above haha) costume and those are two things that I've been having trouble locating.

Keep it up, this is looking awesome!

Aww, thanks :)
The gloves... heh! I couldn't find brown gloves in my tiny time limit and my one trip to the shops, so I ended up finding the tan ones (wrist length, sadly!) and grabbing them to dye darker brown for when I complete the armour for real. They'll have to suffice for this weekend though :|
The fur is all fake, I used to make mascot costumes so I have random bits of it left over. I'm good for places to buy faux fur though if you need to know. It's expensive stuff! CR's crafts is a good place for standard fur, stay AWAY from fun fur though, or anything that calls itself "craft fur". It's mangy and thin and mats like nobody's business. CR's fox or cubby are decent quality for the price tag. It's still never going to be cheap though.

If you're looking for gauntlet gloves I might be able to help too, I do heaps of medieval costuming and know a few people in the biz. :)

Okies - I've drybrushed the helmet and glued in the faux fur to the gauntlets. The greaves are silver but need drybrushing (it's gonna be a looong night) and I need to make a stand-in tunic from my quilted brown fabric for a makeshift undersuit. Then it's just... well, finishing the costume somehow before midday tomorrow whilst juggling my 15 month old little guy and somehow managing to sleep. haha!
NordicProgress10.jpgNordicProgress11.jpgNordicProgressWrist8.jpg

I'm starting to sound like a broken record...but I mean it...excellent work :D

Rob

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

Greaves. ... Greave. Also finished the tunic and found my old leather breastplate and spaulders. They don't exactly match but they'll do for the weekend! Pictures of the interim costume will happen soon!
NordicProgress11.jpgNordicProgress12.jpg

they did, but it wasn't too hot anyway here in the land of Oz :)
Winter! I really want to remake it all though, using resin to harden the foam. It's still too soft and squishy and though it's still intact, some of the straps have softened further and gone a little wonky. Not unwearably so, but I know.
I'll see if I can get my hands on some resin for next time. I've got fiberglass resin, but I somehow doubt that'd work the way I want it to. Might do some testing.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back