Nintendo is releasing a miniature NES with 30 built-in games

NOPE. and that is it.
I don't mind that there's no as slot. I really don't like using Roms. I've been through that too many times. I want something simple like they used to be.

But I would like to plug in into a computer to buy the next "pack" of 30 games.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

My father in law actually hit up Best Buy on release day and got one, then ran over to game stop to be 5th in line for the four they got (so I didn't get one for me).

That being said he loaned it to me last night and I played it for about 30 minutes. At that point I had pretty much ran through the games I liked - was reminded how boring an NES is by todays standards - and was suddenly relieved I saved $60.

Yes, it's neat. The lack of possible updates in the future is what's going to kill it. Anyone spending more than retail for this is a fool-biscuit and deserves to lose their money.

They will be on clearance by this time next year.

I don't mind that there's no as slot. I really don't like using Roms. I've been through that too many times. I want something simple like they used to be.

Yeah. The problem with roms is finding a GOOD Version of one that behaves like it's supposed too. more trouble than it's worth.

that's why i'd like to see nintendo jump the ball and release a system with ALL the games on it.

they have the money and power to make it happen. how tough could it be?

That being said he loaned it to me last night and I played it for about 30 minutes. At that point I had pretty much ran through the games I liked - was reminded how boring an NES is by todays standards - and was suddenly relieved I saved $60.

that's how I feel about modern games.

Most are WAY too violent as i don't find going around killing things with guns fun.

Others are too confusing. where you have to spend hours roaming around in a 3D virtual world just to figure out what to do next.

Yet others are just sad. these virtual life games where you have to live life in a virtual world..

Give me a simple, fun, pick up and go action adventure where it takes skill, timing, and the background repeats endlessly any time of day.

that's how I feel about modern games.

Most are WAY too violent as i don't find going around killing things with guns fun.

Others are too confusing. where you have to spend hours roaming around in a 3D virtual world just to figure out what to do next.

Yet others are just sad. these virtual life games where you have to live life in a virtual world..

Give me a simple, fun, pick up and go action adventure where it takes skill, timing, and the background repeats endlessly any time of day.

FIREWATCH

a Swedish adventure/puzzle game:
UNRAVEL

LIFE IS STRANGE

You, me and a lot of others. But Nintendo wants more $$$$$ for the next one ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. The problem with roms is finding a GOOD Version of one that behaves like it's supposed too. more trouble than it's worth.

that's why i'd like to see nintendo jump the ball and release a system with ALL the games on it.

they have the money and power to make it happen. how tough could it be?
It would be no problem they could put the entire collection of games on a USB stick or a sd card but they won't:)

My father in law actually hit up Best Buy on release day and got one, then ran over to game stop to be 5th in line for the four they got (so I didn't get one for me).

Yes, it's neat. The lack of possible updates in the future is what's going to kill it. Anyone spending more than retail for this is a fool-biscuit and deserves to lose their money.

They will be on clearance by this time next year.

Yup, this is pretty much it. I played those games a ton as a kid. The only appeal is the mini case.

I'll just print a piNES or something if I ever have to have one.

image_preview_featured.jpg

Luckily the extension cords for this thing are fairly cheap but this has been a disaster for Nintendo on so many levels. Even their most loyal fans are starting to get sick of it and with them wanting to launch their new console in the next few months they're making a bad impression.

d6c487a6085ba60f78e9cd83cac6f558.jpg

Just picked mine up. Unfortunately the store didn't recieve *any* separate controllers! I had one preoedered as well because I figured it'd be best to have 2 controllers right away. Looks luke it'll be singleplayer for a while still. :(

EDIT: minor rant: why the **** do HDMI cables have to be so expensive?!? Since the controller cables are so short, I figured I'd get a long HDMI cable, but damn, they're expensive.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

EDIT: minor rant: why the **** do HDMI cables have to be so expensive?!? Since the controller cables are so short, I figured I'd get a long HDMI cable, but damn, they're expensive.
This! I've never had to buy HDMI cables before, so I had no knowledge of the prices these things go for, but I've seen 5 meter long cables go for $100, the prices are crazy. I love this NES, but it's a letdown that I can only sit less than 1 meter from the TV.

This! I've never had to buy HDMI cables before, so I had no knowledge of the prices these things go for, but I've seen 5 meter long cables go for $100, the prices are crazy. I love this NES, but it's a letdown that I can only sit less than 1 meter from the TV.
Thankfully, 3rd party companies are already announcing retro-style wireless controllers as well as extension cables for the Ninteno controllers. Sucks having to dish out more dough, but might be worth it.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161114/d6c487a6085ba60f78e9cd83cac6f558.jpg

Just picked mine up. Unfortunately the store didn't recieve *any* separate controllers! I had one preoedered as well because I figured it'd be best to have 2 controllers right away. Looks luke it'll be singleplayer for a while still. :(

you can get 20ft hdmi cables on amazon for $5-6. Work great.

I bought a 3 pack of nice looking hdmi cables for 10.00 and it even comes with a angle adapter for the ports they put on the sides of tvs. I haven't hooked it up yet but I got sick of the cheap cables i was buying going bad on me.

The Dreamcast is the platform of homebrews, apparently it's really easy to make games for. It's ironic sega's last console is in the photo given how Nintendo's bad choices are turning them into Sega.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back