Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In best Yoda voice "Yes, to Jedifyfe you listen".

Being on a pre buy in 2012 for $109, then being told "you pay more money then we send shoes" left more than a nasty taste on my mouth.

that's like what just happened to me with the v2's. bought, sent me the sports, and then said they needed more money if i wanted the right pair. then the fckrs opened a dispute against me!

cavx forgot one. In 2014, halloweencostumes.com released an officially licensed (by Universal Studios, not Nike) version of the Nike Air MAGs from BTTF2. They are not as accurate as the V2s (even though they are made by one of the same Chinese companies that makes the V2), have no Nike branding on them anywhere and are much cheaper than the V2s ($99 instead of $230 and up). RPF member markpoon makes and sells a EL Nike logo strap kit for the HC and V2 versions ($45) as well as a kit for the HC version that includes the Nike swooshes and Nike MAG heel cup logos ($28). As far as I know the HC version of the shoes and both of markpoons kits (sold here at the RPF) are still available from the original vendors.

And you forgot two more variants:
• the V2-alts with the plastic tops above the strap and "sport" logo on the strap, and
• the HC "B" versions with smooth sides (without lace stitching) they currently offer.

so my straps are coming apart. they were great when i made them but now the Velcro is sliding and leaving a gunky residue and the the two haves have come apart in places. i used scotch super 77 to glue the straps together and used loctite on them as well. any suggestions other than starting fresh cause i fed the wires through the straps when i made them. :( straps.jpg

Last edited:
And you forgot two more variants:
• the V2-alts with the plastic tops above the strap and "sport" logo on the strap, and
• the HC "B" versions with smooth sides (without lace stitching) they currently offer.

No these never happened either :p

found a guy on IG who said he ordered. I asked him to DM me pics when he got it so I will post in here when he does. If he even gets a new version of the shoe lol.

Cool. Let's hope he gets something resembling the advertised product. I wouldn't throw $700 US at a pre-order with no actual product pictures though, but if someone will, good luck to him. If they look even almost as good as the RDs they were showing, quite a few of us will jump at them I expect. But still..... even optimistic me says 'hang on a while till they show the actual product'

found a guy on IG who said he ordered. I asked him to DM me pics when he got it so I will post in here when he does. If he even gets a new version of the shoe lol.
You will never get any news from him than he got scammed, people here think that chinese released perfect replicas but it's just a scam between another so don't waste your time waiting for an answer and get V2s ! ;)

Very quick update to people who asked me to mix "Walk on Black" from Angelus with withe angelus paint, the paint crack after just 3 days wearing the shoes, so i guess we'll have to ask angelus to make a "Walk on White" version to be able to mix the paints.

I am very pleased with the walk on black paint on my black V2s, the paint has 0 cracks the only part were the paint tends to show its limits is when you drive and the lower heel side has some paint that is attacked but it is not gone yet (probably thanks to the 3 layers i did put).

I was wondering if i was having issues with stock lighting since the electronics aren't done yet, the shoes fully charged last nearly 1 hour, is it your case for grey version too, i was guessing that it is due to the led they did put on it, they are much much better quality than HC mags and eat the battery really quickly.

Last edited:
a lot of us already have MP's (Mark Poon's original shoes), multiple pairs of V1's and V2s (or is that just me, haha? ) and would love something better to be real but are skeptical, especially at that $700 price point. Of the replicas, the only ones I haven't got are the 'sport' version and the HC version. If either of those had been released BEFORE the V2's, I'd probably have them too, haha but compared to the V2's they're a downgrade.

You will never get any news from him than he got scammed, people here think that chinese released perfect replicas but it's just a scam between another so don't waste your time waiting for an answer and get V2s ! ;)

I don't have previous experience with rep mags as you all have. But replica sneakers I've tracked for many years being that I'm a sneaker collector myself and always having to "legit check" shoes thoroughly to make sure I'm not scammed on eBay etc. and I must say that Chinese reps have gotten to the point where you have to basically rip out soles etc to see the difference and they call those reps "authentic". HOWEVER, the shoes in their videos are a legit pair and I wouldn't spend $700 in the case that it could very well be a scam, but I'm sure there will be an updated version. May not be perfect but I think it will be an updated version for the 2015 hype. I can be 100% wrong so I'm not throwing any money yet lol I'm pretty sure the guy on IG will be complaining a lot if he gets scammed that's usually the case

any suggestions for splatter? i was going to tooth brush it after i masked off the shoes but the tape WON'T stick to the soles.

any suggestions for splatter? i was going to tooth brush it after i masked off the shoes but the tape WON'T stick to the soles.

I've tried a toothbrush before and the result was "ok," but what worked best for me was one of Jedifyfe's suggestions -- a fine artist brush cut down to 1-2 hairs. Dip that single hair or two in a bit of paint and practice a bit. You can easily vary the blob sizes and shapes. I'm no artist and was surprised at how well I could replicate the Nike splatter with a bit of practice. Also, no masking is necessary with this method.

Thanks. If I squint real hard I almost can't tell they're hc's.

Wish I hadn't gotten ripped off with the v2s cause I'd like to work on them now.

Can i get a walk-through of installing the judco switch? Jedifyfe 's video is no longer available and his post's pictures are all gone. I've been following and reading this thread for a couple months and am modding my first pair of v2's. Any help is greatly appreciated. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
some unmodded V2's and a hoverboard just got on TV (my GF watches the morning shows)
Channel 7.
There was also a replica of the DeLorian there too apparently but I missed that.
IMG_1554[1].JPGIMG_1556[1].JPG

All guysthat bought clear soles in the medium size, please quote and post your size. It seems we have an issue with the size of this part and I need to know how many. My list does not list actual sizes, just small, medium and large.

A while back, someone asked me to show the benefits of degassing resin and rubbers and today I made this.

attachment.php

Both cups contain the same amount of clear polyurethane (about 8g) and only the cup on the right was degassed. So you can clearly (pun fully intended) see the difference.

Also I completed my own set of US9.5 soles today and these are now ready to be fit to the shoes.

attachment.php

Yes I mixed white and poured that over the clear on the inside. This will replicate the look of the screen used shoes once attached.

Attachments

• 20151016_224129.jpg
    20151016_224129.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 616
  • 20151016_224208.jpg
    20151016_224208.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 630
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back