Night of the Living Dead remake

Ummm... do you mean Barbara?

One thing I think the original did a little better was that feeling of being trapped, isolated and claustrophobic. I think it was because the remake jumps right into the action without them just kind of hanging out in the house and watching reports of what's going on.

I'd watch the old one and chuckles as they listed safe areas nearby as the one in New Castle and Sharon are 15 minutes from me. Probably about 2 hours if you have to drive through zombies.

Yes, that one was pretty bad. Why the heck was Savini in that anyway? It couldn't have been for the money. Paris Hilton's food budget has to be bigger than the budget they made that movie on.

I like Savini's remake as well. Unlike most remake directors, he didn't try to reinvent the wheel--he understood why Romero's film worked, and simply "polished" it a bit. And, considering the subject matter and the trend in films at the time, I felt the gore was rather restrained; another smart move on Savini's part IMO. Both films are among my favorite zombie films, and Romero's version is certainly a benchmark in horror film history, but I prefer Savini's version a bit more simply because of the far superior performances.

actually , I prefer the remake to the original

I prefer the remake too.

It's funny, I'm listening to the original now on FearNet. Both films are really good. There are things in the remake that are slightly better than the original like Barbara's change.

Ummm... do you mean Barbara?

One thing I think the original did a little better was that feeling of being trapped, isolated and claustrophobic. I think it was because the remake jumps right into the action without them just kind of hanging out in the house and watching reports of what's going on.

yeah barbara.

i agree with the rest too. i was like "woah where's the set up?" while watching the remake.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back