New to sculpting

Engywook

Hi everyone I'm new on the forum but have been a long time lurker and usually make my props 3d printing etc. I have decided to try sculpting after watching way too many videos on Youtube :oops: and wondered if I could get some ideas from you all on small mainly latex props that would be good to start with and build my skill level up.

I ultimately want to do full busts but figure this as a stepping stone would be great. Look forward to your suggestions.

Choose a character/object that you love. For me it’s organic shapes - my first sculpt was a gorilla head. I found it to be challenging but forgiving due to the humanistic(non-symmetrical) nature. I’ve seen people start with 2d sculpts but I really wanted to see what I could do with a full head.

Choose a character/object that you love. For me it’s organic shapes - my first sculpt was a gorilla head. I found it to be challenging but forgiving due to the humanistic(non-symmetrical) nature. I’ve seen people start with 2d sculpts but I really wanted to see what I could do with a full head.
Thanks for the advice, your sculpture looks amazing.

The zbrush summit 2020 just happened over the weekend if you look it up on youtube day 1 has some great videos with the guys using digital to practical fx makeup/costumes. They show off their entire process from sculpting to making the molds for 3d print.

zbrush summit day 2 go 2 hours in to the video.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back