New secret Babylon 5 project with original cast

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this! JMS says he can't say what format it is, but it would have to be a movie, show, or game to need the cast. I guess that executive that JMS said hates B5 and was keeping anything new from being made at Warner Bros. must have finally kicked the bucket. We have to wait for next year's San Diego Comic Con for the announcement though...

It was one of the greatest ever. Beyond groundbreaking. Truly amazing.

Over half the cast is dead. When he did a straight to video continuation it was horrible, low budget junk.

Just let it go. It was great. Stop ruining it.

Sorry to be negative.

Over half the cast is dead. When he did a straight to video continuation it was horrible, low budget junk.

Sorry to be negative.
Never heard of the continuation. Maybe I shouldn’t look it up.

It was just two horrible straight to video garbage stories.

Do not watch them ever.

Or North and South part 3 while I am at it.

This was it:

Sorry to be negative.

Not being negative, just real.

Especially on CW, at the end of every episode, everyone would try to argue how what transpired during the episode was their fault.

Reboots with a twist...uh-gain?!?!

The truth always points to itself.

As much as I love B5, just stop. I was thinking recently about some of the successful TV producers and show runners from the past. Glen A. Larson, Aaron Spelling, there's a whole bunch of them that created a bunch of shows. They didn't keep going back to the same well over and over, they just did something new and different.

It seems Hollywood has lost the ability to do that and JMS is going the same way. Stop trying to relive your old glories and do something new!

He never wanted to stop and actually B5 is probably the most loved, yet least utilized, modern Scifi franchise. It didn't get any more shows because he said someone at Warner Bros either hated B5 or him, and said that basically that executive had to die or no further B5 projects would happen.

I didn't think The Lost Tales were awful, but they weren't the greatest. It was an attempt to make a show with almost no budget.

I'd like to say I don't have any interest in a reboot, especially if they use the same characters. Of course I said the same thing of the BSG reboot and I was wrong.

He never wanted to stop and actually B5 is probably the most loved, yet least utilized, modern Scifi franchise. It didn't get any more shows because he said someone at Warner Bros either hated B5 or him, and said that basically that executive had to die or no further B5 projects would happen.

I didn't think The Lost Tales were awful, but they weren't the greatest. It was an attempt to make a show with almost no budget.

I'd like to say I don't have any interest in a reboot, especially if they use the same characters. Of course I said the same thing of the BSG reboot and I was wrong.
I have no interest in it, unless it's a next generation kind of thing, which is what he's said the CW show would be. If it's a reboot, forget it. I won't watch. I didn't like BSG either. The mini-series was fine, but the series was crap IMO. I hated every single character in it and wanted them to all fly into a star.

I've said it before: my favorite sci-fi series ever is Babylon 5. Please don't mess with it! They could improve some of the CGI effects, but that is all IMO, the characters and stories were fantastic. If they start a new series I'm afraid that the wokeness will dilute and even destroy what makes B5 great.

I've said it before: my favorite sci-fi series ever is Babylon 5. Please don't mess with it! They could improve some of the CGI effects, but that is all IMO, the characters and stories were fantastic. If they start a new series I'm afraid that the wokeness will dilute and even destroy what makes B5 great.

A *woke* B5 is the fear.

Kosh lecturing about pronouns, Shadows rebelling against the patriarchy, "fans" who weren't born for the first series lecturing us how this is an extension of what was already established.

I feel like Top Gun showed the world what happens when you stick to story, leave out the toxic, woke trash.

I would still watch. I would hope.

A *woke* B5 is the fear.

Kosh lecturing about pronouns, Shadows rebelling against the patriarchy, "fans" who weren't born for the first series lecturing us how this is an extension of what was already established.

I feel like Top Gun showed the world what happens when you stick to story, leave out the toxic, woke trash.

I would still watch. I would hope.
I wouldn't. The first whiff of woke nonsense and I'd be gone forever, same with any show.

I remember that Sierra had been working on a computer game (space combat sim) back in the '99 that got cancelled,
There had been scenes shot with some of the primary cast, and it had got a custom soundtrack composed by Christopher Franke who had done the theme for the show.

I think it was close to release when it got cancelled for some stupid corporate reason. Some of the developers tried to get the rights later to finish the game, but failed. Only some of the soundtrack got released as bonus tracks on some CD.
If the rights were released and the work was spruced up for modern hardware, that would be awesome!

It was just two horrible straight to video garbage stories.
I found The Lost Tales (2007) to feel a lot like the series did.

There were also several TV movies in 1998-1999 (that I only picked up on VHS)
- In the beginning: A prequel. Scenes from the Earth-Minbari War that we only got glimpses of and hints to during the series.
- River of souls
- Thirdspace
- Call to Arms: A bridge between Babylon 5 and Crusade.

River of Souls or Thirdspace did have some embarrassing visual effects though.

I wouldn't. The first whiff of woke nonsense and I'd be gone forever, same with any show.

I can put up with some wokeness, like with the Predator movie.

My friends and I are constantly joking about how'd we'd love to create something so woke it became anti-woke. Babylon 5 would be an extreme way to abuse that concept: well established, great fan-base, and turn well-established values and politics into a dung-heap.

Instead of Shadow's true name being millions of letters, their fluid-pronouns are.

The avalanche is waiting for one pebble to cast a vote.

I remember that Sierra had been working on a computer game (space combat sim) back in the '99 that got cancelled,
There had been scenes shot with some of the primary cast, and it had got a custom soundtrack composed by Christopher Franke who had done the theme for the show.

I think it was close to release when it got cancelled for some stupid corporate reason. Some of the developers tried to get the rights later to finish the game, but failed. Only some of the soundtrack got released as bonus tracks on some CD.
If the rights were released and the work was spruced up for modern hardware, that would be awesome!

I found The Lost Tales (2007) to feel a lot like the series did.

There were also several TV movies in 1998-1999 (that I only picked up on VHS)
- In the beginning: A prequel. Scenes from the Earth-Minbari War that we only got glimpses of and hints to during the series.
- River of souls
- Thirdspace
- Call to Arms: A bridge between Babylon 5 and Crusade.

River of Souls or Thirdspace did have some embarrassing visual effects though.

Descent Freespace also had a mod working on Babylon 5 mods, but seriously, you were a bacteria on a pimple on the butt of the universe trying to survive.

It was great, but it also let you know how you were less-than a speck, how you were less than a mote in to eye of what was really happening.

I can put up with some wokeness, like with the Predator movie.

My friends and I are constantly joking about how'd we'd love to create something so woke it became anti-woke. Babylon 5 would be an extreme way to abuse that concept: well established, great fan-base, and turn well-established values and politics into a dung-heap.

Instead of Shadow's true name being millions of letters, their fluid-pronouns are.

The avalanche is waiting for one pebble to cast a vote.
I don't think Prey was overly woke. At least they didn't have the movie saying "she don't need no man," they didn't give her pronouns and they didn't blame the male characters for her failures. That's the kind of thing that I mean. The real problem with the push for wokeness is that legitimate actors and actresses get smeared. Everyone has to ask if they got the part legitimately or if it was all race-baiting nonsense because there are a ton of really good actors and actresses out there who get unfairly tarnished. Then, you get imbeciles like Tenoch Huerta, who Marvel just cast as Namor in the upcoming Black Panther sequel and everybody hates him, not only because he makes himself a complete ass politically, but because it's a very obvious political move.

Can we stop with politics in movies, please? Just make good movies!

I have no interest in it, unless it's a next generation kind of thing, which is what he's said the CW show would be. If it's a reboot, forget it. I won't watch. I didn't like BSG either. The mini-series was fine, but the series was crap IMO. I hated every single character in it and wanted them to all fly into a star.

The thing that will kill the reboot for me is if it has the same characters. There's just absolutely no way ANY actor on the planet could top that cast. Heck I can't imagine recasting G'Kar or Londo, they were just awesome in that series. No one else could pull them off.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back