New pics ! 1:3 scale Chewbacca project !!!

Re: 1:3 scale Chewbacca project !!!

Finally, it will go with the mouth open. I will do the mold maybe tonight. Once i have the mold, i will cast a couple of units, and i will start making the holes for the eyes, and also i will make the teeth and the tongue....

Alfredo

IMG_0006_zps4caeba12.jpg

IMG_0007_zpsb68129c3.jpg

THIS IS NO CAVE !!! lol

IMG_0008_zps36213973.jpg

Re: 1:3 scale Chewbacca project !!!

Here is the mold and the first resin mask !! Over this one i will sculpt the eyes and the mouth, tongue, and teeth

IMG_0018_zpsfcfd9462.jpg

IMG_0019_zpsfe90aede.jpg

Just adding some hair for testing. :)

It is not the final hair color, neither the way to glue it, but i was anxious to see how it could look like.

It is going to take a lot of work.... :wacko

IMG_0027b_zps562fc3b8.jpg

Alfredo

Wookies, ewoks and the like would be a nightmare to even think of, Due to the hours of hair placement just to get it to look right, More power to you cause from the pics it looks like you have the hang of it..Great work cant wait to see it completed.

Wookies, ewoks and the like would be a nightmare to even think of, Due to the hours of hair placement just to get it to look right, More power to you cause from the pics it looks like you have the hang of it..Great work cant wait to see it completed.

(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Thanks !!!

Alfredo

And now the feet!! :)

Probably, and with the hands, the most difficult parts to get reference pics, specially if you make the ANH version.

Every nail is different, the holes where the nails go, and even how high they go ... a real nightmare :wacko

Here they are...

IMG_0060_zpsff23016f.jpg

I will cook them in the oven,and once dry i will shape them a little bit by sanding, and then i will make the molds. :love

Like in 3 weeks i will have the hair delivered. Then i will make the body, and finish the head......

Thanks for looking :thumbsup

Alfredo

Starting to sculpt the hands.... :confused

IMG_0063_zps1160c607.jpg

IMG_0062_zpsc2a5a8cc.jpg

There are no good pics on the hands, specially of ANH. The ones of the exhibitions, look like it is wearing gloves... but in the stills that i am looking on my bluray they look like if his hands were painted.... :wacko

This is soo coool! Will keep an eye on this thread :D

Agreed, you are have one eye on the present and the other on the final result!
You remind me of that guy who would paint on tv; I'd think, "you messed it up!" Five minutes later I'd be awed

I will get the hair next week, and i wil continue with this project soon....

I am wondering if i sell this as a kit, if anybody could be interested.....

Thanks

Alfredo

Hi again !!

I received two days ago, the hair (fur) to complete the figure. I may run short of it, but it is really expensive... :(

Here is a couple pics of the face hair testing. Please do not pay attention to the two different colors.

I have to find the right way to make it look good. It looks better in real ife than in the pics.. more pics coming soon

Thanks

Alfredo

IMG_0018.JPG IMG_0014.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back