re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

I couldn't edit my pics in my original post so I made a new one, these are a few of the props I have made or are still in progress,

This is my handmade Fett helmet
View attachment 53352
Made these Fett gauntlets from scratch too, still need to do a gauntlet rocket
View attachment 53353
My first prop was a custom lightsaber handle
View attachment 53354
I started making a blaster rifle for Boba Fett out of wood and pvc, have more yet to do with it of course.
View attachment 53355
This is the jetpack before I finished it, I wish I was better at the weathering
View attachment 53356
My current project, a Kingdom Hearts keyblade, this is a mock up and the shaft will be a little longer
View attachment 53357
My friend is making a Portal gun and then we will both make our own Proton Packs (Ghostbusters)

Last edited:

Hi - Duane from Australia here.
Ive got into Cosplay here in Australia after my 2 daughters wanted to do it so decided to build an Ironman costume and join them in the fun. Looking forward to my first Cosplay in Sydney next month and will be fun. Still have work on the costume but almost there - We just posted a video up of my first time in the suit at YouTube - ironmatey's Channel.

Hi everyone. BLF from the Midwest part of the States.

I have zero experience building or designing anything, but have always loved design. I am a huge Doctor Who fan and am going to my first DragonCon this Labor Day. My 10 year old wants a Cyberman costume :confused

Not sure how to build one, but am willing to learn. Any and all help is MUCH appreciated!

Ooops! I've only just found this thread.
I cam across the forum looking for Sucker Punch costume photos.
I love making things, dressmaking and costuming.
I haven't made any props before but culdn't think of a better place to start.

Sam, I'm bookmarking your name just in case a project pops up.... But what is that picture of. What are my eyes seeing?

That is a picture of the USV Audrey - a full-scale space-shuttle cockpit simulator. It was on full motion control using pneumatics and a Velleman K8000 back in 2000. You are seeing the install in Shanghai, China at an exposition which went onto Beijing and then Seoul South Korea. It was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to travel there!

flightdk.jpg

Hello RPF!

I'm Joe, 21, I'm a third year model design and sfx student at University of Hertfordshire, England. Just handed in my final year project :cry

I'm interested in all areas of making things particularly models, props and design. I hope to become a freelance prop maker for films.

Check out my website for things I've been making:

josephharlow.co.uk

Thanks!

Hey there samflynn, I am actually building my own 737NG Cockpit for FSX with working glass cockpit and switch boards. When I can ill upload some pics.

Re: New Member "Want to Buy" Thread

Hello peeps, Barsam from Toronto here.

I'm an aspiring young film maker having an ambition to become a visual/special effects and also making props of future blockbuster films (a guy can dream can he?)Right now my goal is to create movie props for my future films and current films I make with my friends, such as modified Nerf or Airsoft Guns, Halo/Modern Warfare/ Mass Effect-esque type of costumes and guns, and much more. Sense i'm under the age of 18, I usually have some help from my father and my uncles, sometimes from my mom. I'm glad to be in these forums and to see everybody's work and aswell as showing mine. :)

Hello! I'm quite familiar with the RPF because of my husband - some of you might know him as Bobamatt. I finally decided to get my own account and I hope I can contribute to the this great community!

Hi!
I'm Alex and I live in germany. Currently I study engineering but I will have my degree in a few months. I've heard about the RPF on the german Indiana Jones forum, but I'm not only interested in probs from this movies.

Hey everyone,

it's Sven from Germany. I stumbled upon therpf while looking for Half-Life stuff. Costumes and props. I hope I can contribute a good-looking HEV suit, which I'm currently pepping and resining. Also, I'm making a crowbar. What else.

So far, I've learned that this forum has a great atmosphere and everyone is very supportive here, even to noobs like me :)

Hey guys, found this site by chance,
love the things I see
am a blacksmith by trade and have a love of all things intricate.
hope to have some things made up/posted soon.
cheers.

Hi,
I'm Jenny from Norway. I joined something like a year ago, but then I forgot all about it. Now I've stumbled over the RPF again after searching for Doctor Who related replica. That show is more or less my life.
I can't make anything to save my life, and I'm not much of an cosplayer (although I hope to someday make somethings from the Jak&Daxter games, or maybe Vexx, as I am a huge fan). I very much enjoy other peoples work, though.

Hey people,
I'm Eoin. I'm not going to lie, I have no idea what to say here.. Uhm. I'm a proud little leprechaun from the Emerald Isle.. And that's about it. Kthnxbai ^^

Hey there.
My name is Miles. I like making things. I'm bad at documenting.
I have numerous projects I'm going to work on this summer.
Hopefully I'll post them. =]

Hiyas one and awl, I'm Harls Quinn, one of yer newest membahs....Love the site, seems nice and homey...cant wait ta hear from ya'alls...*giggles* As yous can see, i'm a Jokah fan to the n'th degree...both Nicholson and more importantly, Ledger. I fell in love wit da Jokah from Ledger's portrayal. Wellllll, hope ta hear from yas, have a happy day!

Hello I just joined as of yesterday. I found the forum by looking up props on the net and was accidentally linked here; I saw how many people were actually involved with the RPF and wanted to become associated with others that have the same interests and hobby as I do.

the same story here….. i found someone who made the death discs from transformers and thought they were awesome, then i found more people and decided to become part of this community……. i like it alot

Hey everybody ! names joe and ive been a member for a couple of days now and im working on a scratch build of a Iron Man Mark 6 but i need some help with the forum page because i haave noooo idea how to start a thread, any tips or anything will be a great help! thank you :D

Hey My name Marco i have been browsing around this site for quite sum time now and you guys are really creative... recently a few days ago i was walking around the store when i saw a poster of iron man and just decided to build a suit...i havent started yet..but when i do ill let u know.. :love BTW....funny how no one has taken the username IRON MAN :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back