Hi - long time lurker (finally joined this informative site).

I've worked most of my career in tech, in entertainment and media production in the television and film industry and at a leading WW tech company. I've been collecting original scifi props for more than 20 years, with a focus on iconic pieces from Star Trek (mainly TOS) and Star Wars (don't ask me to choose!).

Hello! I came across this site while looking for a replica headpiece for the staff of Ra. I’m new to prop collecting but I’ve always had an interest in owning some pieces. I’m a child of the 80s so I’ll always be on the lookout for items from sci-fi and adventure movies of that era.

Hello to all the people of the forum. I'm from Spain and I'm part of the fan group of the Spanish community of Indiana Jones. I like to collect and create props especially of this saga. We will read each other here. Greetings to all.

Hi all, I’m Justin, I’m an artist and game designer that is a huge nerd for all things Blade Runner, Alien, TMNT, the list continues. I’m still fairly new to prop making, only on my third which has been a conversion of a nerf pulse rifle from Aliens (still gotta finish the clip and do a bit more weathering like scratches and what not, and yes I chose Olive Drab over Brown Bess). Other props include a Blade Runner (1982) blaster, and a proton pack I made for my wife. Anywho, happy to join to community!

Attachments

• IMG_3010.jpeg
    IMG_3010.jpeg
    579.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3011.jpeg
    IMG_3011.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 49
Hi I'm new here. I have looked on here a few times but now have registered in hope of finding some help with a idea. I have purchased a tos toy phaser and want to make a display but don't want a collection display but to make something more like it mite sit in in the ship's armory. Any ideas or advice is appreciated.

My name is Will. I'm among time lurker. I'm new to this scene and would really like to start making my own replicas in the future. I collect BTTF, Batman 1989, James Bond and Indiana Jones replica props. My favorite collectable is my BTTF2 DeLorean 1/6 model. Looking forward to my time here.

Hello there,
I‘m James and only recently discovered the forum. I‘m a Doctor Who fan, grew up with the classic series in the UK. I also love the ‘new’ series.

I‘ll be honest, I have no prior prop making skill set, but have recently discovered a love of collecting sonic screwdriver replicas, which is costing me a lot.

Looking forward to my time here and discovering things.

Hey everyone, lurked here for years but felt I should finally start contributing!
My name is Matt and I am a 3D environment artist and replica prop maker/tinkerer. Most of my designs have started in 3D and printed in one form or another.
I have a full Jack Sparrow cosplay, with props I will be punching up here in the near future. I would like to help the Jack community and be a source for all his trinkets, since there is so little out there anymore.
Currently I have been working on a Hocus Pocus Book replica, I have fought to sculpt the most screen accurate version out there and am working on bringing it to life now (both journal size, field notes and life size)
My favorite movies are Back to the Future, Oceans 11, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl.
Added some of my 'Jack' below!

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Hello - I lurked here a few years back when I was researching the leather jacket that Wolverine wore in the first X-Men movie. There was a great thread (it may still exist?) at that time, and the main guy had a very accurate cosplay, and I believe he helped motivate some jacket makers to get the product to market.

Anyway, I'm back here because I'm in the process of recreating the two 1911 pistols from the 1997 movie Face/Off with Nicholas Cage. I'm a decent way towards that goal when it comes to sourcing the specific work and parts (grips are on the way from a maker in Japan), and I've got a few options lined up on Titanium Nitride coating for the pistols (which looks gold, and is what the screen guns were finished in). So now I'm trying to find someone who could help with the presentation box from the movie as well as the gold money clips.

I will finish reading the forum rules and FAQs, and go from there.

Hey! Name's Rachel. Heard about this place through Adam Savage, now I'm finally making an account because I'm wanting to make a highly accurate replica of the 10th Doctor's sonic. I have a bad feeling that making prop replicas is going to become a vise of mine

Hello all!

My name is Mike and I'm a sound designer by trade. I heard about this forum from the Still Untitled podcast. I hope to learn a lot from the community and hopefully provide some auditory input. Along the way I hope to find/build some props that make cool noises!

My name's Logan. I love Fallout and Star Wars. I'm dipping my toes in this. Been working on a wasteland medic/courier six costume. Hope to learn and see what everyone else has been making.

Hi, I'm Josée, aka GeekMomMakes, and I'm from Quebec, Canada.

I've been a crafter for as long as I can remember, a cosplayer for almost 20 years and a geek for about 25 LOL

I love all things Star Wars, LoTR, Harry Potter and Ghostbusters, to name a few :)

Hey Everyone, brand new member here. I'm part of a group of poker players who funnily also use a xenforo community (pokerchipforum.com).

A couple of folks host meetups throughout the US, and I'm hosting my 3rd annual next year. It's mostly just gambling and fun, but I try to create a unique environment and host with a John Wick/Continental theme.

We set up the whole house last year, with everything from life size actor/character cutouts to custom table felts to custom trophies and prizes, cut cards, glassware, etc. We fill the bar with Blanton's, last year we even buried the main event chips in the backyard in a gun case. People who had actually seen the first movie thought it was hilarious we had to go dig those out.

I'm here to check out all the various items and gear folks have crafted and purchases regarding Wick/Continental, hoping to add some next level items and authenticity to my 2024 meetup!

1696390849170.png
1696391123101.png

1696391152811.png
1696391608869.png
1696391598816.png

1696391259301.png
1696391319787.png
1696391434817.png
1696391460747.png
1696391515151.png

Welcome to the RPF! We're happy that you could join us, especially since some of you have been waiting for quite some time.

Please take the time to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us about yourself, your prop interests, maybe even show us some pics of your collection.

Also, here are some useful links to better familiarize yourself with the site. If you have questions, please ask!

Classifies Guidelines

Community Guidelines

Terms and Rules

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions and Suggestions

Other links that can ease your way into the RPF can be found here FAQs.

Again, welcome! :)(y)

The RPF Staff

Hello all! Super excited to be here! I've been a fan of prop making videos on youtube for years (particularly Adam Savage's vids) and am hoping to get into it myself soon, since I'm finally getting to a point where I have some disposable income. I don't have much in the way of tools but I figure a nearby maker space could be a good resource.

I work for a large company that produces lighting and building automation solutions so I've got some familiarity with electrical work, and I'm hoping to go back to school in the near future for an engineering degree, which I think will be very helpful. I'm looking forward to poking around the forum and seeing what's what! And maybe my modest knowledge will actually be helpful at some point, who knows?

Hello there,
I'm Maria from Germany and I'm a Cosplayer. I cosplay mostly in the Detroit Become Human world but have recently started to get into Resident Evil and Jurassic World as well. Glad to have finally landed here and to get discovering the community.

Hi everyone, my name is Harrison and I’m pretty new to the “professional” prop world. I’ve always loved dressing up as Marty McFly or Indiana Jones, even ghostbusters as a kid and fell in love with it again. I’m 18 years old and in college to become a film major, so one day I can make my own films that people can love and share. I’m very happy to be here!

Hi. Knud here. Been a huge Alien fan since I was little, and finally decided to start putting together a costume from there, to be used at comic cons. Only been replicating archeological finds before, so this will be a first time replicating something newer than 900 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back