hello everyone
i found this website when i was looking for templates for the mass effect armor. i have been a big die hard fan of mass effect since its release and have been into the books as well(which i recommend any ME fan to check out). this seems like an awesome website that would have loads of information and people. since joining i have not found the templates that i had seen prior to joining. if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. thanks!!!

Hello all!

I've stumbled across here more than once over the years and the more I look into making props and items for myself I finally decided to join the community officially!

Hello all!

My name is Jonas, I'm from sweden. I've found this site through the tested.com youtube channel. I've always been interested in mainly sci-fi movies. I'm 43 so I saw ROTJ in the cinema when it came to sweden a few years after the premiere i the US (that's how it was back then) ;)

I don't own any props but I'm interested in the maker community and want to get back into modelbuilding. I also have two kids and want to be a cool dad that designs and build stuff for them to perhaps pass on the creative gene ;)

Hello everyone! I'm a casual cosplayer who is too cheap to buy a film-grade replica of a weapon I'll only use once on Halloween, and thusly has learned to enjoy making his own. Hope to learn some new tricks in my time here!

Hi All
The name is Gary and I have been a maker for over 40 years now
I have worked in the film and T,V, industry here in Australia for over 20 year full time as a props maker and part time for many years before that
I Built a fully working K.9 (Robot Dog) from Dr Who in the late 70's and my first R2 in the early 80's.
About 1984 I made an Admiral Akbar costume which got the attention of Lucas Film
In 85 I got to work with John Stears on the aborted film Total Recall and have had a passion to work on SF projects when they happened down here in OZ
Other shows that I have worked on like The Red Planet and TV's Farscape and an untolled number of commercials over the years.
Steve Sandsweet now has some of my creations in his collection and I have been involved with the Sydney Robot Builders Group
over the year I have been called on to build anything from a 57 Chevy that can seat 30 for a Japannese Ad to something small like a boomerang with a car tire tread on it.

Akbar suit made in 84.jpg57 Cheviy all built from scratch for a TVC.jpgGary on the bridge set of  Farscape.jpgMavin the robot I made as my costume at a covention.jpg[Ball Droid.jpgATTACH]492044[/ATTACH]Gassasions Helmots for an indy film.jpgMonster suit top in consteuction.jpgBlack Robot costumes.jpgRocket landing on miniture Mars set.jpgStreet miniture for a TVC.jpg

57 Cheviy all built from scratch for a TVC.jpg

Akbar suit made in 84.jpg

Ball Droid.jpg

Gary on the bridge set of  Farscape.jpg

Mavin the robot I made as my costume at a covention.jpg

Monster suit top in consteuction.jpg

Gassasions Helmots for an indy film.jpg

Street miniture for a TVC.jpg

Black Robot costumes.jpg

Rocket landing on miniture Mars set.jpg

Attachments

• My first R2 unit built about 1982.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,
My name is Michael and I've been researching Spider-Man costumes for quite some time, with the awesome and helpful knowledge found here, I decided it was time to join the forum. Am in the process of putting together an Ultimate Spider-Man costume here in the near future. Have recently purchased an Ultimate/comic style mask and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival. There will be pics to follow as soon as everything is completed. Am looking forward to working with some of the veterans on here and with all the other spidey fans as well.

Hello Everyone!

I found out about therpf.com through tested.com and their videos with Adam Savage. He always speaks so highly of this site I thought I would scope it out. I enjoy what so many of you can do in your creativity and attention to detail, and I hope to contribute!

So far my experience purely prop based is dismal, a Dr. House pill bottle label for my upcoming Halloween costume, but it is also the most accurate for the earlier seasons ;) But I do have lotsss of experience around shops from cars to carpentry, so I hope to add to my collection!

-Andy

Hi everyone! My name is Michael, I have silently browsed this forum for a while now. Finally thought I'd join, learn and contribute. I enjoy working with different materials and costuming/prop making. Looking forward to learning more!

Here is some of my early work. Last years project was really good (headless horseman sculpt/costume) I just don't have the pics at the moment.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Hello! I'm Andrew. Been following some of the Ironman builds. I got a 3D printer about a year ago and have been making one-off parts, and decided to build something fun instead.
Haven't done a solid cosplay since 2007, so I think it's time to make a comeback!

Hello, All.

A friend and I were crazy into the Mass Effect franchise. He showed me some of Bill Doran's N7 rifles at Punished Pixels, and my mind was blown. I loved the WIPs he posted. Countless internet searches led me to the sites of other very talented individuals, and then, inevitably (right?), here.

I have read these forums for a few years, but only recently have I started posting. This is a great community, and I'm very excited to be a part of it. Hopefully, I'll have some cool stuff to show off, soon.

Best,
Brian

I have been bounced to this site many, many, times, so I registered to see what is going on. I build firearms (real ones) and I like to copy screen weapons for my own collection and use.

G'day

I'm Eric. I started off in 2009 building different halo props and armor with pepakura on the 405th, but had to give it up as I was still in highschool back then and would grow out of my props before I could finish a full suit. Since then I've gone to a few cons with cloth cosplays (Ash Ketchum, Toto Sakigami, and Jacuzzi Splot) that friends helped me make since I can't sew a patch let alone a cosplay.

But alas, I've been out of the con and cosplay scene for a few years, just from lack of time due to working towards an engineering degree and a lack of funds. But last month I decided to go to a con and since then have been stuck in cosplay fever again. I'm really interested in trying new techniques, materials, and ideas that I wouldn't have tried when I was younger. I'm having fun working with EVA foam currently. I have a few goals in mind for the future, but not sure if I'll have the time or money when the summer ends and engineering starts up again.

Oh well. Hi. Again.

Hey, My name is Luke, I currently live in the UK. I have been a practical hands on person my whole life and have been following prop and monster making for a long time but I am new to prop making myself so I look forward to getting involved in my own projects!

Hi there;
I have visited here a few times and decided that it is about time to register and join discussions. I have been sewing for about 40+ years and making clothes but got into doing costumes 12 years ago. It is a fun challenge with a community of some incredible people. I have made Halloween costumes in the past but got into Star Wars costuming and Renn as well. I enjoy the creativity and problem solving of it all.

Hey, I'm Chad, and i came across this site while trying to find tutorials on how to work with EVA/MDF foam for an upcoming cosplay I plan to be working on for the annual convention in my area (Kawaii-kon 2016). I plan on constructing all of the pieces for my costume out of EVA/MDF foam, and I don't plan on making any weapon props at the moment. My costume will be based on my personal Titan from the game Destiny. I also forsee myself doing cosplays of other big FPS titles like Battlefield 4, Halo, and any other games or animes that catch my attention.

Hi, My name is Dan. I heard about his site watching tested of YouTube. I'm a jeweler by trade and have recently gotten into making miniature weapons inspired by historical and fantasy designs. I'm interested in finding out more about the miniature prop or art world and also how to promote my items efficiently.
thanks!

Hello!

I'm new to RPF and a rubber foam crafter from the Philippines. I and my friend have been making costumes from the Bayformers movies (Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Barricade).
We have also made Scorpion from the Mortal Kombat franchise, MKX specifically, and are planning to make Garrus from Mass Effect. I'm hoping to interact well with the people here.

Hello my name is Erich and Ive got more unfinished prop and costume projects that I can shake a Graflex at. I don't have a particular focus, I just like recreating prop with original parts from films I like. My current projects (some of which I started over ten years ago) include:

ANH Luke Lightsaber built on an original Graflex flash with Exactra 20 bubbles
Mad Max's Jacket from the Road Warrior with an original Rawlings shoulder plate
Wez's Shoulder Pads from the road Warrior from the original Rawlings Pads
The tape recorder from the first Evil Dead (still looking for one correct reel)
The Chainsaw from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre

That's just the beginning. I'll finish these... someday.

Hey everyone! So I've actually been a lurker for almost two years, started looking through when I was making my TFA/WWII style Captain America costume and couldn't figure out how to paint the shield and helmet. Thought I'd give actually joining the community a shot seeing as I'm working on another Cap project, his AoU suit. Excited to actually get to know everyone!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back