Neill Blomkamp's Chappie (Post-release)

Re: Neill Blomkamp's Chappie

NeillBlomkamp: Finished #chappie today!!!

10957683_333058376897329_851249585_n.jpg

Anyone read that Ninjas part is apparently being cut right down because of his bad behaviour?

I noticed in the last trailer his line was overdubbed by someone else.

Can you provide a link to that article?

Neill is promoting photos of Ninja and Yoland with Chappie extensively on Instagram and I wasn't aware of his role being cut down.

it's either true

OR

it's got people talking about Chappie / DIE ANTWOORD, who have carefully crafted this bad press, as it's exactly their kinda thing.

and people say i'm cynical.

- - - Updated - - -

+ my order for that chappie figure got cancelled by the store yesterday

This item has been cancelled, but will be offered again in a future issue of Previews. When it is, you will be free to add it to a new order.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks.
It's good he openly admits the influence.
I'm going to be a little more forgiving when watching it.

Umm.. What about macross/robotech?

Even shogun warriors and starvengers baddies sometimes had "ears" like that...

kinda looks like Anubis...

Chappie is totally ripping off ancient Egyptian art!!

What a bunch of hacks!!!

(Rolls eyes)
see above link.

"Masamune Shirow, he has one robot called Briareos that has these rabbit ears. I just love that as a design feature, so I put that robot in the short. When I made Chappie, I was like, "Obviously, the robot will be based on that robot, and the fictional company that made that robot will make the fictional robots in the full feature film."

Last edited by a moderator:

Appleseed / johny 5 vs. Ed209 and slum lords is what I thought of when I saw the trailers. I'll wait for the dvd.

I'm getting a little concerned. Theres more interest in Aliens 5 at the moment than "Chappie"! Anyone spot a review yet? Its out here in the UK on Friday.

More interest in Alien 5 is not surprising at all. Established franchise vs new property, the former always gets the mileage. It's out on Friday (March 6) in US too.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie. I have really enjoyed Blomkamp movies.

It sucks he had such troubles with the cast, but looking at those 2... it isn't exactly a shock.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back