Need help finding a few police-related items

HMSwolfe

Master Member
I’ve got a project at work quickly coming up where I need a rough approximation of a 1950s police officer/highway patrol. I found this picture during some research and liked the look.
EFB68F54-D3C3-4123-AFA5-5D20A2AAB2EE.png

I’ve already got a decent shirt in the form of a What Price Glory Indiana Jones shirt, and I’m not too worried about anything lower than the waist as it won’t be seen. But I’ve been looking for a few hours now and I haven’t been able to find a khaki cap like the one pictured for the life of me, nor a place that sells affordable prop badges.
584E06B4-F6D1-423D-91A5-1265D9F3D066.jpeg

Anywhere that does technically sell caps like this sells them in bulk to people who really need them as uniforms.
15B411F4-3DF6-4125-BFE3-C3FBE7C015A8.jpeg

And the places I’ve found that do sell 8-pointed caps like this one only sell them in navy and black.

I’ve crawled through Etsy and eBay, I’ve visited military surplus sites and sketchy foreign sites, and I reached out to a friend that owns a bunch of WW2 reenactment gear and who I thought might have a lead, and nothing. I figured, I may as well keep looking, but if I have the RPF as a resource nothing’s stopping me from asking for help here too. Does anyone know of any online sources to find what I’m looking for?

See if Bernards would sell you 1 piece of khaki as a sample?

Buy one of the captains caps, dye khaki and install the insert?

Search for repro WWII crusher caps and install an insert.

Badge depends on what you are looking for exactly, and how picky you are.

See if Bernards would sell you 1 piece of khaki as a sample?

Buy one of the captains caps, dye khaki and install the insert?

Search for repro WWII crusher caps and install an insert.

Badge depends on what you are looking for exactly, and how picky you are.
Thanks! I do think I’ll probably end up getting a “Security Officer” badge from Galls, because it won’t be seen enough more than just being a badge shape, and it’s the cheapest I’ve found so far.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back