Neckties!

I agree about the design, it should be stretched a bit more. Looks promising though, and my girlfriend already has that Rose costume. I just need to find a way to get my hair to slick back like that...

The hairstyle is just a rockabilly type of thing, just using a wetter gel or a pomade, and then using a big hairbrush to repeatedly slick it back should work. Considering they were gonna go see Elvis, the doctor's hair looks a lot more like Johnny Cash's to me

Yea, my hair is super curly, it's a huge challenge just to get it to do the regular Tennant thing, gel just makes it worse. I haven't put a lot of effort into it yet, though.

Hi Indy, looking forward to getting your re-designed Istanbul tie. I have the first version and love it.

Was wondering if you're going to do a new version of your Skyfall tie to get it closer to the one in the movie?

B23_00742_CROP_r_GQ_26Oct12_pr_1920_646x646.jpgBlueSkyfallTie.jpg

Going to post the most posted post here, are there any new pictures of the "I" bow-tie, there's some members hoping it could be ready for the big Doctor Who Convention in November.

Would love to see some pics Talos! And thanks for the insight everybody! I appreciate it.=)

Aeric

Sorry about the delay, meant to post these earlier this week.

I usually wear a white or silver shirt with it, took shots of both and one of me wearing it with a white shirt. Apologies for the quality of the pics, they were just quick ones I took with my phone's crappy camera.

Photo Album - Imgur

I always get compliments when I wear it around. I had one time at the office when one of the guys there semi-seriously asked to buy it off me. :lol

Hey Indy,
Any news of any smith bow tie fabrics? Noticed the sneak peak of the arrowhead on the facebook site but is there any news on the I tie?

A thought occurs, at the Cardiff doctor who experience they put up a mannequin Matt Smith wearing the costume from series 7b (or .2 or whatever) and it's wearing the journey tie. Is anyone able to go take a trip to see it and inspect the woven texture as well as take pictures similar to what Risu did with the ricci tie all that time ago?
And if anyone would shed some light on the waistcoat it's wearing that'd be a dream too

The silk one (if I'm not confused) from journey to the center of the tardis and hide and almost every other episode.
I really like the look of that one and the new one in the 50th
Isn't the other one from nightmare in silver and the Christmas special silk velvet? Because at that point they're both silk ;)

It probably is from the look of it. I'm a huge fan of the scales patterned waistcoat as well. Been looking for the fabric for months and nothing even close has shown up. I want to do the Journey costume in February, but at the rate things are going it's not going to happen because of that fabric.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back