Neckties!

Here's our latest St. George tie swatch... MUCH happier with this one:

StGeorgetiesample624_zps8681d698.jpg

St George by Duffer Blue jacquard floral tie- at Debenhams.com

This is the link I had saved in my toolbar just in case it ever came back in stock. I've since got one but for some reason I never deleted it. If it's a page you're not supposed to get to anymore then that may prove they don't have them in stock. In that case I apologise for getting people's hopes up.

I have ordered one to see if it comes through it not. Not had an email yet cancelling the order.

The new swatch is 80% silk, 20% polyester (the warp is polyester to get the dull black effect of the original). So... what do you guys think? Basically, we've got three options:

80/20 silk/poly very accurate colors
pure silk darker background
pure silk browner background

Hmm...

Ah, sorry about that then, guys. False alarm.

On the upside though, we have Indy's replica to look foward to. And that swatch looks brilliant! Interesting that the replica will be of a higher quality than the original. I'm very happy to accept a silk/polyester blend.
There's nothing particularly wrong with man made fabrics; it's just that usually they look and feel a little cheaper than nicer fabrics like wool and silk. But since it's being used to recreate the preferable look of the original tie I personally have no problem with it.

While i really love the look of the black silk background tie, it's not as accurate as the 80/20 blend. So i guess i'd vote for the 80/20 for accuracy's sake. Although i'd rather wear the black silk background myself.

While i really love the look of the black silk background tie, it's not as accurate as the 80/20 blend. So i guess i'd vote for the 80/20 for accuracy's sake. Although i'd rather wear the black silk background myself.

That is exactly how I feel too. The blend is more accurate, but I would wear the black silk to work and such in a heartbeat.

We have officially started both the "Chevron Bowtie" and "Journey Bowtie" projects. For those who need a bowtie fast, our Professor Bowtie would certainly work for an 11th Doctor outfit:

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Hello, I think they are back in stock!! ordered my one and have received a confirmation email today that its been dispatched.

QUOTE=CorriTimigan;2950966]St George by Duffer Blue jacquard floral tie- at Debenhams.com

This is the link I had saved in my toolbar just in case it ever came back in stock. I've since got one but for some reason I never deleted it. If it's a page you're not supposed to get to anymore then that may prove they don't have them in stock. In that case I apologise for getting people's hopes up.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear dude, let us know the moment it arrives.

Was away from home last week but the package was there when I got home :) Thanks again!

Edit: Just realized that this new batch I was sent doesn't have a blue loop, its the same brown fabric. The blue patterned fabric on the backside is still the same as earlier images.

Last edited:
That's interesting, the distinction between the ties is becoming more and more miniscule.
Either way, the goal is to replicate the one worn on screen so that's why the poly blend is better and the inside lining is being remade too.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back