Nazgûl & Gandalf (female version)

Galwynd

Halloween 2010: My girlfriend and I start work on some LOTR-themed costumes! This is my first post / I'm new to the forum, please comment!!!
P1060289.jpg
P1060280.jpg
P1060288.jpg
P1060285.jpg
P1060278.jpg
CIMG2244.jpg
CIMG2253.jpg
CIMG2251.jpg
CIMG2250.jpg
CIMG2254.jpg

I don't think Gandalf ever looked so good in the original films... did he?

Great work, especially on the Nazgul!

Nice!!

How'd you get the Nazgul's "face" to be so dark -- Photoshop or is your head hidden under a mask of some sort?

Would love to see a close up of your gauntlets. What material was used fir your robes? Nice.

Gauntlets were a combination of sheet metal and latex gauntlets cut up and mounted to a pair of black nylon gloves. I then painted and weathered them as best as I could.

The robes are polyester and black gauze that I weathered with paint and aerosol textures.

I will be sure to post better pictures this week (including close-ups of everything)

I wanted to see if anyone here was interested :)

One thing I did notice is the tattering of your robes seem to have a pattern. Maybe use a cheese grater on the edges to get that worn look. Is the sword manufactured by United Cutlery?

One thing I did notice is the tattering of your robes seem to have a pattern. Maybe use a cheese grater on the edges to get that worn look. Is the sword manufactured by United Cutlery?

Sword is UC :)

The robes I tried to cut up as unevenly as possible.....I thought about attacking the edges with a razor or something to get it to look less patterned (the robes were originally clean-edged.)

Cheese greater gives a real nice tattered edge. Did you make the sheath? I plan on using shoulder pads to give me a broader look.

Sheath is actually UC Its a generic "large" scabbard that fits both the Sword of the Witchking and the Ringwraith swords. I cut a small notch into the top of the scabbard so the hilt sits flush.

I never thought of using shoulder pads...what type would you recommend?

***BUMP***

Question for you guys:

Which sword should I use for Halloween?

UC Sword of the Witch King -or- UC Sword of the Ringwraiths ?

I have both, just wondering which I should use for my costume :]

Anyone in the Madison area this weekend? See you at Freakfest!

Gandalf shaved?

Nice costumes though. I'd go with the ringwraith sword for toting around all night since it's a little lighter.

Gandalf shaved?

Nice costumes though. I'd go with the ringwraith sword for toting around all night since it's a little lighter.

Yeah, I was almost gonna ask about that....I just got my Ringwraith Sword, it seems A LOT lighter that any other UC sword I own.....it also seems to be a bit lower quality in comparison to others (the blade is mounted imperfectly, and the pommel rattles a bit as a result of the blade being mounted as it is.)

Anyone else have this same experience?

Nice Nazgul costume, Galwynd. How did you manage that the hood stands like that? Did you use a cap underneath the pattern?

Nice Nazgul costume, Galwynd. How did you manage that the hood stands like that? Did you use a cap underneath the pattern?

I used a black cap and cut out a piece of cardboard and painted it black and attached it to the hat using Velcro, then draped the fabric over it.

Were gonna take pics tonight before we go out for Halloween, will post!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back