Nash Bridges 2021 made for TV movie (Pilot?)

TazMan2000

Master Member
Watched the episode. The writing hasn't changed much (straight from the eighties) and neither has the acting but even though Don Johnson is 71 he still can entertain and so can Cheech Marin. I don't want to give much away, except that the IT expert tells some guy to get his feet off her CPU...obviously they don't bother getting anybody with any knowledge to review the script, since no IT person in the world would call a computer server a CPU. The Central Processing Unit is the main processing chip on a motherboard, not the entire server box.

TazMan2000

It really was a mixed bag I felt, but a lot of that was probably due to trying to fit so much in to a two hour show. Overall, it was two hours of escapism, and as Don Johnson called it, comfort food. There were a few choices I'm not entirely thrilled with, but if they get to do future installments then hopefully they'll address those a bit more. As much as San Francisco has gone downhill, they did manage to film it beautifully I thought.

Watched the episode. The writing hasn't changed much (straight from the eighties) and neither has the acting but even though Don Johnson is 71 he still can entertain and so can Cheech Marin. I don't want to give much away, except that the IT expert tells some guy to get his feet off her CPU...obviously they don't bother getting anybody with any knowledge to review the script, since no IT person in the world would call a computer server a CPU. The Central Processing Unit is the main processing chip on a motherboard, not the entire server box.

TazMan2000

The writing is straight from the 80s in a show that debuted in the late 90s?

You say that like it's a bad thing.

In the 80s, I couldn't care less about the stories, just as long as the Duke boys found a ramp in their small town, which was unusually common. Nowadays I'm a bit more interested in a well written story, which still is rare, but improving.

I tried binge watching The Six Million Dollar Man, but couldn't get past more than a handful of episodes, due to the gag factor. Still, it was part of my childhood and thankfully will remain so.

TazMan2000

In the 80s, I couldn't care less about the stories, just as long as the Duke boys found a ramp in their small town, which was unusually common. Nowadays I'm a bit more interested in a well written story, which still is rare, but improving.

I tried binge watching The Six Million Dollar Man, but couldn't get past more than a handful of episodes, due to the gag factor. Still, it was part of my childhood and thankfully will remain so.

TazMan2000
I've found myself turning more and more to TCM to find good stories. As I get older, I find I appreciate older things more.

This is why Hollywood loves remaking old TV shows as theatrical movies. Older TV was full of creative raw ideas + very quick and dirty execution. In the 21st century they can throw more money at the execution and get a reliable improvement.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back