My TOS Enterprise Build

MARK M3

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The hulls have been Lightblocked from the inside, the main hull primed and base coated and weathered. The main Hull color was air-brushed on as was the current weathering, as I see it in the original episodes. The main hull color is a custom mix I made...

Last edited:
Are you gonna leave the panel lines in the landing struts on the primary hull? You wouldn't be the first person to build this model that did so, but I thought they were one piece... not paneled. I am about to get my TOS E, so I am checking out all the build threads I can. I' sorry to question your motives; I'm just curious. :)

UPDATE....

I have installed the lighting package and dry fitter the ship together. She is NOT finished. I need to fix certain lighting in several areas...I love how she is started to look!!

Last edited:
Are you gonna leave the panel lines in the landing struts on the primary hull? You wouldn't be the first person to build this model that did so, but I thought they were one piece... not paneled. I am about to get my TOS E, so I am checking out all the build threads I can. I' sorry to question your motives; I'm just curious. :)

To Be honest...I haven't decided yet...But you bring up a very good observation.

Thank you very much indeed gentlemen...

Weathering of the upper saucer...subtle rust ring as seen on the original miniature...

Last edited:
I've never cared for weathering on the Enterprise until now. Those subtle touches you did there look perfect. The lighting is excellent as well.

Did you weather it by hand, or use an air-brush? I am picking up an airbrush this weekend, and I plan to buy a throw-away model to practice on before I use it on my E.

Did you weather it by hand, or use an air-brush? I am picking up an airbrush this weekend, and I plan to buy a throw-away model to practice on before I use it on my E.

Both...Whatever method yields the best results for me...

This might be a stupid question but its one of the things holding me back on my AMT Enterprise E build, to remove the seams on the E's Nacells, does they need to be fully assembled? as the clear busard collector parts need to be glued in before its glued together, then I'll struggle masking these clear parts off for painting, or can I largely paint all the Nacell's and assemble them, fill the seams and touch up the seams? wat would you advise?

This might be a stupid question but its one of the things holding me back on my AMT Enterprise E build, to remove the seams on the E's Nacells, does they need to be fully assembled? as the clear busard collector parts need to be glued in before its glued together, then I'll struggle masking these clear parts off for painting, or can I largely paint all the Nacell's and assemble them, fill the seams and touch up the seams? wat would you advise?

Not a stupid question my friend!

I can tell you on the Polar Lights Enterprise, I Built the nacells first, JUST the nacells and did the seam work first...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back