My lifesize IG-88 project ( IG88 1:1)

Wow- thank you for the update.

Due to the Carbonite Volvo dash panel, I wondered if there were car parts.

Did he have any idea what happened to it? It's a sham there are not more pictures.

I wonder if his hands were machined or were they also airplane parts.

There are two scenes with IG-88: the bountyhunter scene and the Bespin scene. The Bespin scene was filmed after the BH scene. For that they have painted IG in mat grey.
After filming IG-88 was scrapped immediately. I asked Bill if he has kept some parts....nothing...everything is gone! :(

I made a small video of my IG build. If you are interested just follow this link (already posted on FB some weeks ago)...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkgTmsWYCQ8

In the Skywalker Ranch archives, there is a piece sitting on a shelf that could be from IG-88. Or it could be from something else that just happened to use the same parts as IG. That was common, of course. It was the double cylinder with connecting tubes piece from IG's chest. That's all I saw that was IG related, though.

Scott

Today I hat the opportunity to talk to Bill Hargreaves in person. I met him in Utrecht (Netherlands). He was there to sign autographs.
We talked about some design details and my next project. :)
I also got a cool signature on the backpanel of my IG.

DSC08181.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

Cool- he must have been young when he worked on the films.

What else did he say about the original? Was it painted ?

Unbenannt.jpg

A few weeks ago I've found this picture in the www. I asked Bill for some background information.
He said the reddish color was a kind of primer. They used a polish for the final IG-88 color.
IG-88 was mainly made out of real metal parts.

I think he was around 30 years old when he built it.

Do you think he would share more details on how it was painted. It looks like metal in the photos.

I will meet Bill again in two weeks, this time together with my IG-88. I can ask for more details.

If there are any other questions to Bill we could collect them here.

My questions?

1. How exactly was he painted?
2. Did you have any design concepts sketches other than the ones form Ralph MacQuire?
3. Were the legs welded to a base and there were no feet constructed?
4. Was he all metal and therefore very heavy? Is that why he was destroyed because he was too heavy to keep?
5. Were his hands also airplane parts or were they machined?
6. Was his heavy blaster an afterthought or was it built especially for IG88?
7. Any commentary on his bandolier? Was it made from a seatbelt?
8. What did you use to make the two scopes that stick out of his head?
9. What’s inside the head?
10. Did any of his joints move?
11. What were the shoulder pads?
12. Were you happy the way he turned out? He looks bad ass.
13. Will he help us build?
14. Were all the parts from the same plane?

How did the burner can end up being chosen for the head? Since it was used in the first movie for several props, I'm curious how another one ended up in the second movie. Was it just laying around? Did they go back to the junkyard for a "new" one? Did they know that it was fairly prominently displayed in the cantina already?

Something like that. :)

Scott

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back