My Greedo Blaster Build (NOT A GREEDO KILLER)

I got Chris at CSB Props on Shapeways to design a JA Mitchell transrotor head. He says he had to take a few liberties with design to make it work , but it's compatible with his stylus brush prints. I ordered a pair of each to test them out. Thought you might be interested. image.jpgimage.jpg PM sent about your barrel assembly.

I got Chris at CSB Props on Shapeways to design a JA Mitchell transrotor head. He says he had to take a few liberties with design to make it work , but it's compatible with his stylus brush prints. I ordered a pair of each to test them out. Thought you might be interested.View attachment 338612View attachment 338613 PM sent about your barrel assembly.

These look good, but lack the "cutouts" that are present on the real connectors.
Do you plan to file these out of the 3D print or would you see a chance to mod the 3D file?

39b8c40c-b58c-4495-83fb-9fad5e8fb55a_zpsa4ead9e3.jpg

Markus

I just ordered some. Expect them after the first of July. If they look good. I'll ask Chris at CSB Props, who actually modeled them, to alter the design to include the slots. I'm also going to see if he can do the sweep arm tips to put on the opposite end. I believe they are the same as Boba Fett's toe spikes and knee dart. Am I correct?

There are a lot more parts to this blaster than I originally thought. I've been trying to follow this thread but I am getting confused as to what is fact and what is speculation.

Would someone be so kind to do a parts breakdown such as:

• What parts are needed
  • How many of each part
  • Possible sources for parts
Thank you.

I will have to play around with the model on the Mitchel trans rotor piece to get the slots into it. I was having issues with sharp edges & thin walls which were giving me warnings against having them printed so I omitted them. That was the liberty I took in order to make them printable. Instead of going to a sharp point where the slot breaks into the hole there may have to be a small flat area, but it will still have the look of the slot. Would this be acceptable? if so I will see what I can do about making it printable with the slots.

The wall where the slots are to be is only 1 mm thick & could easily be cut out for the slots on the current model.

As for the sweep arm tips I could model those up as well if in fact they are the same as the Boba Fett toe spikes & knee dart.

Any input to help with accuracy would be great & I will see what I can do.

Did some work on the model & got the slots in but there is a flat area instead of being sharp where it breaks into the hole. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Mitchell_Trans_Rotor_Comparison.JPG
    Mitchell_Trans_Rotor_Comparison.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Mitchell_Trans_Rotor_Revision_2.JPG
    Mitchell_Trans_Rotor_Revision_2.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 61
looking much better, but the slots seem to be a tad too big. might just be the angle!?

will a real stylus brush rod fit into it?

Thanks for your efforts!!!

Markus

Thanks Markus,

Trying to get this as accurate as possible based off just using reference photos (not much out there) & scaling them for size with really no known dimensions for this part. I tried to match up the view as close as possible & I did go back & shortened the slot by .5 mm which looks better but is tough to get the exact angle of rotation. If I had a real one in hand to measure this would be easy to make a replica.

The counterbore that the stylus brush would fit into is drawn at 10 mm with some clearance. This is based off of reference photos & information that has been out there in other discussions & was used to determine most of the scale for the part. If you have exact dimension of the stylus brush diameter, the model could easily be changed to accommodate those if need be.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Mitchell_Trans_Rotor_Comparison_1.jpg
    Mitchell_Trans_Rotor_Comparison_1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Great build thread so far, can't wait to see the finished product!

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't the finned cylinders you acquired from the Tomtit Model Kit the same pieces that were used for the Storm Trooper C1 Comlink in ANH?

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if my real connector has a slightly different taper, I´ll try to get you some measurements.
Reg. shapeways "warning", when you are working with too thin objects...it´s just that, a WARNING...you can still have it printed, they just don´t guarrantee that it works (ultra detail should do the job).

Maybe it´d be an option to model TWO versions...one "idealized" for a better print, one accurate.
They shouldn´t be that expensive to give both a try (actually I have to order some stuff from shapeways anyway)

Markus

Thanks Markus,

Trying to get this as accurate as possible based off just using reference photos (not much out there) & scaling them for size with really no known dimensions for this part. I tried to match up the view as close as possible & I did go back & shortened the slot by .5 mm which looks better but is tough to get the exact angle of rotation. If I had a real one in hand to measure this would be easy to make a replica.

The counterbore that the stylus brush would fit into is drawn at 10 mm with some clearance. This is based off of reference photos & information that has been out there in other discussions & was used to determine most of the scale for the part. If you have exact dimension of the stylus brush diameter, the model could easily be changed to accommodate those if need be.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Toolguy301's parts arrived yesterday from Shapeways. These are version 1.0 I guess. Looking good!! Nice 3D prints of head and brush arm. Just need someone to confirm the other end piece.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back