My finished Skywalker Graflex conversion

Brevin Din-Shay

Sr Member
13 years later, I actually completed it. I'll take more pics tomorrow.
uploadfromtaptalk1444006575858.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hey this looks great! What's that disc on the front of the flash unit? Also, what did you source that clamp card from? Pretty neat looking

Thanks! Actually I have a glass eye, the piece I inserted for that pic was just to see who was paying attention. ;)

That is a real part from a Graflex 2-cell that I bought years ago. It's a deep insert with very few threads. At one point, I seriously considered it to be the found part of Vader's ROTJ port plug.

The clean clamp is courtesy of Custom Saber Shop.

Thanks again, feel free to ask questions. It was not an easy build!

Looks great David ... well done ... so am I correct to assume this is a G R A F L E X 2 Cell build, since you mention you used a replica clamp, with a custom made and added '3 cell' bottom?

Chaim

Looks great David ... well done ... so am I correct to assume this is a G R A F L E X 2 Cell build, since you mention you used a replica clamp, with a custom made and added '3 cell' bottom?

Chaim
Thanks, Chaim. No, I'll list all the parts in a post below with new pics.

Sacrificing games from my beloved childhood game cartridges for saber parts now? Looks pretty great man. Any electronics in that baby?
LOL, whatever it takes. ;)

No electronics, I'm still a static hilt builder. That venture I'll look into...things sure have gotten cooler around here since my heyday!

Thanks for the comps, guys.

13 years later, I actually completed it. I'll take more pics tomorrow.
View attachment 536859

And more...

Top is original Graflex, along with ears and guts.
Replica red button from a friend, not sure what company. Same with glass eye housing. I have a glass eye replica, but I need a spring to install it, so it isn't pictured.

Larbel bottom half, custom saber shop clamp, Yodashouse grips, Linhof D ring, and rivets. They are actually mounted to the D ring assembly, but not the grips. I never could figure out how to do that without smashing the grips, and I can't for the life of me understand how to get the hex bolts waaaaaay down in there.

She's not perfect. A piece of the guts is chipped, no beer tab, and could have more authentic parts still....but I'm happy with it!
uploadfromtaptalk1444255304004.jpgView attachment 538040uploadfromtaptalk1444255353067.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444255400243.jpg

And more...

Top is original Graflex, along with ears and guts.
Replica red button from a friend, not sure what company. Same with glass eye housing. I have a glass eye replica, but I need a spring to install it, so it isn't pictured.

Larbel bottom half, custom saber shop clamp, Yodashouse grips, Linhof D ring, and rivets. They are actually mounted to the D ring assembly, but not the grips. I never could figure out how to do that without smashing the grips, and I can't for the life of me understand how to get the hex bolts waaaaaay down in there.

She's not perfect. A piece of the guts is chipped, no beer tab, and could have more authentic parts still....but I'm happy with it!
View attachment 538041View attachment 538040View attachment 538042View attachment 538052

Don't need a beertab for ESB conversion... still trying to get up the nerve to pull mine off.

Sacrificing games from my beloved childhood game cartridges for saber parts now? Looks pretty great man. Any electronics in that baby?

I guess that's how a lot of camera enthusiasts and war memorabilia enthusiasts must feel about SW proppers in general hahaha :cool

Don't need a beertab for ESB conversion... still trying to get up the nerve to pull mine off.

It's been hard, but I've been trying to follow the new saber details. I think the consensus is that it has a beer tab. It definitely doesn't have two red buttons, that is the biggest difference I've noticed.

Yeah, it took a lot of thinking to get those grips on. I ended up using a hole punch to make a clean cut.

Maybe if I used a rivet with very little rubber left, it wouldn't bulge the grips. Again, as far as attachment using hex bolts, I'm clueless.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back