My Custom 6" Carded David Prowse Darth Vader Figure

azheat01

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all, I wanted to quickly share this project. Not much was really needed for this custom, but it's one I've been wanting to do for a while. I was going to use the Return of the Jedi 40th Anniversary figure since the helmet comes off in two pieces, but it would have required some modifications with the lower portion of the helmet, so I just went with a regular Black Series Vader.

I created a new card front and back and then mounted the figure in the existing bubble. I normally try and find a bubble like I did for my Lucas figure, but I just decided to use this one for the sake of ease. I was also going to repaint the hair so it more closely resembled the photo, but decided against it as this was just a quick custom. Anyway, I think it came out ok.

DP 1.jpg

DP 2.jpg

DP 3.jpg

DP 4.jpg

I grew up in Witney, Oxfordshire and got to meet Prowse twice as a kid, he came to our school as the Green Cross Code Man and I saw him again as Darth Vader at Selfridges in Oxford. Witney was where John Jostins had his workshop when he built all the R2 units for the original trilogy. For any English folk he supposedly bought some of the build parts from Woolworths (RIP) :cry:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back