My (Cameron's) Avatar Neytiri sculpture WIP, FINISHED! pics on post 159

Re: My (Cameron's) Avatar Neytiri sculpture WIP, new head page 4

Molding the new head now. and I'm changing the detail on her riding chaps.

Thanks to a member on another board, and my own reviews of her riding chaps, I got some great detail shots of them. So today I grinded off the remaining chap detail, starting fresh. There was so much I had wrong. I also grinded off her upper arm bands and her lower left arm braclets. Opting to put those in as hand made accessories rather than sculpted pieces. The only things I'm going to have as part of the sculpt are the chaps, right wrist guard, and knife.
I'll post progress pics soon, I just want to finish these dang pants! Alot of intracut lace detail.

Sounds like quite an accuracy update on the whole project :D
Can't wait to see it.....

Sounds like quite an accuracy update on the whole project :D
Can't wait to see it.....

Yes reworking it is tiresome, but after putting so much time into it already, I think I need to make it as good as I can get it. I'd hate myself to look at it knowing that I could of made it better but didn't. I really do want to be done though, so I can really finish it with the paint the hair and hand made accessories....

Ive seen some Avatar sculpts so far but this is on the top list for sure. The progress you've made is awesome, its nice to see you guys helping each other to improve, and in the end i wouldnt tell that the first and final head are from the same artist :) I cant wait to see this finished!

Ive seen some Avatar sculpts so far but this is on the top list for sure. The progress you've made is awesome, its nice to see you guys helping each other to improve, and in the end i wouldnt tell that the first and final head are from the same artist :) I cant wait to see this finished!

Thanks for that:), yes, I have made alot of progress and changes. When I started the sculpt I didn't have alot of reference and had to guess at some things. But now I have plenty to of pics to use and can see the mistakes. I really get alot out of these boards for the advice , encouragement, and constructive crticism. It's an invaluable tool for me as an artist. Your friends and family don't always tell you it straight up, it's nice to talk to your target audience.:cool

Update pics. These have the new head and the at question clothing detail grinded off. Going to be re-doing her chaps this weekend. Her upper arm bands, necklaces, herb pouch, knife sheath, loin cloth and lower left braclets will be add ons and not sculpted. She looks kinda plain without that stuff or hair and just primer,but I can see the final piece being really sweet. So close now.:)
DSC03478.jpg

DSC03490.jpg

DSC03486.jpg

Wow super awesome. Its rare to see add-ons made not from clay in this forum so im very excited :)And...I wish i had those legs!! :rolleyes

Wow, WOW....I love the updated work..great great! Can't wait to see more and more!

update pics, i know, this is really taking along time, but I've been busy. New baby on the way. Gotta convert my garage to the new art studio, the old one is now the baby's.
In these I have her new riding chap detail complete, and I tweaked her neck and head some more. Very close now.
DSC03509.jpg

DSC03506.jpg

DSC03518.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back