My BTTF Hoverboard Projects

And then there were two...

mybooster4.jpg

I painted the holder parts, but I am not happy with the color of red so I will be repainting the holders tonight. I think I found a closer match that has more rust color in it… it is so hard to match colors to screen shots… I think I will have to live with the middle part color as I have tried to find an off the shelf match for a while… If anyone has any other suggestions on paint colors, let me know. I guess I should invest in a paint gun and get paint mixed for me… rattle cans are costing me a fortune and I have a million of them that I will never use.

bottomparts.jpg

That looks really good. I was just checking the hoverboards and other stuff on the BTTF blu-ray and was rather surprised. Either I remembered colors wrong or the picture quality makes a huge difference.

yeah, the best way to work is off of actual props... but unless you are there with a color wheel.... then you have to work from photos of props... there are so many things in play... the type of camera, lighting, etc, etc... My board isn't 100% accurate, but I would like to be in the high 80s... Maybe 85%... that's a good number. :lol

Ok, repainted the holders. I think they are now closer to the original color...

newpaintholders2.jpg

Just wished they were not so shiny. I used satin paint, but it's still glossy looking in the photos...

hoverboad your super, I would like to know how you make the parts or if you sell the kit because it interests me
thank you

Thanks! I am having fun building them in-between other projects. Hopefully I can get the 2 Marty's done that I am working on now and get back on my Pit Bull which I am actually more excited about. I have a few cool things planned for that build.

But, as for making the holders. First I made my magnets out of 1/4 and 1/2 MDF. (and a 1/8 spacer used for vacuum forming) Then I made the bottom part of the holders that lay on the board from 1/4 MDF. I took those and the magnets and vacuum formed them. That’s about it. I have a small homemade 12x24 vacuum forming table that I made from scraps and I use my kitchen oven and vacuum cleaner.

webparts.jpg

I thought about making the magnet vacuumed formed as well, but that would mean that I would need to build the top part of the holder too as a mold. Since I am using part of my mold (the magnet) as the actual piece, the styrene can just be cut out and put on top of it. I guess now that I have them made I could go back and vacuum form the whole thing as one piece... (hope that is all understandable...) I’ll try and take a photo tonight of a pull before I cut it out to help understand.

Best Regards,

Jamie

Lookin good, really cant wait to see em all together! What is the angle on the cut of the Marty tail? 45 degrees?

Question for everybody, has anybody worked on the Pitbull suitcase?

Lookin good, really cant wait to see em all together! What is the angle on the cut of the Marty tail? 45 degrees?

Thanks, No, I think the tail was like 20 degree's or something like that.

Question for everybody, has anybody worked on the Pitbull suitcase?

I thought about it... gotta finish my Pit Bull first... I don't think it would be super hard to build. Might see if I could find a case and cut it up to work. The bad thing is, from looking at the screen shots, to make it the right size, you would have to store the pit bull in it at an angle.

Jamie

Just an OT question but has anyone made martys hoverboard with the bike handle that he ripps away from the board when he steal it from the girl...?

Depending on the hole's size, i'd say find pvc pipe and a 3 way adapter, it would make a T shape then add in the pipes for the handles. Would need screen caps for the right kind of handles

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back