My Alan Grant Kit (Jurassic Park) All Together

FPLeatherCo

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A costume 65 million years in the making!

I've been assembling and or thinking about assembling this costume for over 10 years and finally have it all together and used it for Halloween this year. Here's all the pieces from the ground up:

IMG_2821.JPG

Timberland boots in wheat nubuck. I've had these for years and are pretty worn in. Perfect for Grant.

IMG_2818.jpegIMG_2819.JPG

Ralph Lauren khaki chinos with double forward pleats and blue and red logo on back. I think there are too many belt loops and the cuffs are slightly wrong but overall very close. Perfectly baggy in the right places.

IMG_2812.jpegIMG_2813.JPG

The belt greeblies and accessories:

- Leatherman knife with leather case
- US compass pouch
- U-Dig-It folding shovel and leather holster (made by me)
- aviator sunglasses, gold frame and brown lens
- WWII-style service watch in silver with white face and arabic numerals. I made the brown leather strap.
- brown leather belt with brass buckle and stitched keeper. I made this too.
- red bandana

IMG_2820.JPG

Light blue denim shirt with large flap pockets, brown buttons, and straight collar (no buttons). This one was very hard to find but I think I ended up with the best I could hope for. It's sufficiently baggy but still fits and the color scheme and details are correct. I also have an off-white henly undershirt to go with it.

IMG_2816.JPGIMG_2815.JPGIMG_2814.JPGIMG_2817.JPG

The hat is a Sunbody Guatemalan palm hat with a 3" brim. I shaped it to get the correct brim and crown profile. The band is a 5-strand horse hair hat band. I think the actual one has white highlights but you can't tell on film. I cut down the tassels a bit to better match the film version.

And of course I neglected to get any good detail pictures when I was out in the actual costume but here's one with Ellie Sattler.

IMG_2821.JPG

IMG_2818.jpeg

IMG_2819.JPG

IMG_2812.jpeg

IMG_2813.JPG

IMG_2820.JPG

IMG_2814.JPG

IMG_2815.JPG

IMG_2816.JPG

IMG_2817.JPG

IMG_2805.JPG

jurassic-park-movie-screencaps.com-4564 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back