My 11th Doctor

Yorke

Hello,

Long time lurker and occasional random poster of "Awesome build" comments. I figured I should show off my 11th Doctor costume that I put together from reading this site and others.

THEN

Parts:
G-Star Jeans ~$120
Blue Shirt from Target ~$20
Stacy Adam's Madison Cap Toe Boot ~$90-100
Suspenders ~$20
Bow Tie ~$10
Stetson 2X ~$65
Thrift Store Jacket ~$5

Here is my first attempt at the 11th Doctor at Dragon Con in 2011. I had a Steve Ricks jacket on order, but hadn't paid for it all yet, etc.
The first thrift store I walked into had a "close enough" for the season 6 jacket. It's actually a woman's jacket if you look at which side the buttons are on. For 5 bucks it did the job and was the right color. (Sorry to sound snobbish, but I hate seeing grey jackets on doctors. Just a peeve of mine.)

7982625390_e67e31d6e6_z.jpg

7982626316_978baf3439.jpg

NOW

Upgraded the shirt to the style first seen in the season 6 premiere as well as a Jacket made by Steve Ricks. Total cost was somewhere between 4-600 GBP I believe. That might have included the fedex shipping. It was worth it.

A few upgrades, longer (and dyed) hair and we have this in 2012!
(Note: the Mocking Jay pin isn't canon, but with a time machine that can go anywhere, it isn't inconceivable.)
7970696984_a54826a6ee_z.jpg

With the 1st Doctor
7970690100_211abbdf46_z.jpg

And two fun pictures from Star Wars Celebration 6
7982653486_49794bbc61_z.jpg

7970695052_fe75295d11_z.jpg

Thanks for taking a look. I got some more "fun" photos in my flickr album

Last edited:
Awesome m8! I must say though, I believe you're missing 1 thing. A gold watch on the left arm, :eek:

But otherwise, FANTASTIC! The next con I'd like to go as either The Doctor, or Spider-Man (even though Spidey is "overdone.")

The Prop Lord, good spot! That was something I tried to pick up when I was stateside, but lost out of some ebay auctions. I'll start cruising the auction sites here in Japan. :)

Dorian, Thanks!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back