Mr. Freeze - Arkham City WIP (Pic Heavy)

indeed :D Thanks Armorer!
I wouldn't have been able to make this progress if not for my friend Sean though :)

any luck getting the Azrael files for me :D

Nice job! I built this suit for Halloween last year, I had trouble with the dome actually fitting onto the suit. After a copious amount of cutting, taping, cussing and duct tape, I finally got it almost perfect. Also Kudos on the gun so far, I could never get more than 6 or 7 pieces to fit together properly.

Thanks Zenman! Much appreciated!

Updates on the gun as of last night!

(the hook, the top barrel and the handle are not attached but the giant body is intact)

and lined with Aluminum tape for reinforcement :D

GO ANGEL, GO Angel, GO....
ninja rap giffy.gif

HAHA Thanks guys!!!

I'm keeping parts of the gun separate for now because I plan on making molds so I can have multiple casts of them.

Have any of you guys made molds before? I'd love some advise once I get there :D

I mentioned that I wanted to build this to a few friends a while ago, and they haven't stopped asking about it since. I'm doing Batman first to work on my skills, and I'm certain that with all the EL wire and such, Freeze will be an expensive build.

Yours looks awesome so far. I will have to reference your work when I do mine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

YES! I've been waiting for a while now for someone to tackle this build! When I first saw the PEP files I downloaded them just to have a look out of curiosity and it didn't look like an easy task, but having said that this build is looking great and I am so excited to see the final result!

hello good work. I am from Peru, here no such work to my 8 year old son liked it a lot. if so you can see the mold iroman send mail? I ask please this is my email jarcrazy3@hotmail.com. thanks

hola buen trabajo. yo soy de perú, aqui no hay este tipo de trabajos a mi hijo de 8 años le gusto mucho. si tal ves podras mandar el molde de iroman por correo? te pido por favor este es mi correo jarcrazy3@hotmail.com. gracias

hey guys sorry I haven't posted any progress for a while!
I've been working on some other cosplays and other builds. I'm helping a friend do his Azrael build, I started a small shop with some buddies to make some side money building and selling custom props and replicas and what not and I've also been working at developing an Assassin's Creed Hidden Blade.
I'll be getting back to work on this project soon but given than Fan Expo is on the horizon I'm going to be focusing most of my energy on building my Loki cosplay as well as helping my girlfriend do her Femme Dr. Doom armor.

It's gonna be a crazy summer but hopefully I'll have this cosplay done and ready to go for the winter time.
I'll still be checking in from time to time since I'll be using resin and bondo on these pieces around the same time as I resin and bondo the rest.

Sorry if this is me necroing an old post but i thought id thank you guys (angel song and the armorer) i was looking to make my first cosplay and wanted to do mr freeze and came across your thread and armorers files and i watched tons of videos and stuff and this is where i am again thanks a ton. i made the legs stuff by myself made a prototype and had to resize it and took a snip of the finished part. which im working on right now and if anyone wants i can post pics of other stuff later/if someone tells me how to post files i can share the legs if they work when i put them together this week Capture.PNG10488600_536890703083984_1608929892_n.jpg

That looks good Zaegreaux, I did the same thing with the arms/gauntlets hands and cut them at the wrist. I can't find my Con or Halloween night pictures of the suit with full makeup but here is how my Freeze turned out, sorry to hijack the thread, but I figured I'd toss my pics in for reference for others.Freeze 2.jpgFreeze 3.jpgFreeze.jpg

Zenman that looks great! I actually have like 20 meters of light blue EL wires i plan to use all over which is what it looks like you did. Awesome job for sure. I should have some more pictures soon i hope to be done with it by september in time for slcfanx but its just very time consuming and hard to find spare time to sit down and work on stuff. i finished the legs of mine but dont have pics atm.

Wow those are awesome guys!!!

Sorry I've been gone for so long, life's been... interesting and tough to say the least but I'm good for the most part. This project is at a near standstill while I get the rest of the files in order and have them scaled to my proportions as it's not working out so well, and obviously it's a financial investment too since I've decided I will use the pieces to mold and vac form so that the armor is much lighter.

BUT in light of all that, here are some pics!
The original gun exploded LOL (no pics of that unfortunately) when I tried to support the inside with expanding foam. However, it was a blessing in disguise as the more and more we looked at it the harder it would have been to vac-form. Therefore we decided to rebuild the gun in 2 halfs and all the details (the pipes etc, build separately to attach later)
This is the gun now:

IMG_20141216_155422.jpgIMG_20141216_155403.jpg

10410893_804433422935702_5397580249614313401_n.jpg

it's being resined and filled with a good strong layer on the inside to strengthen it and make the fiberglassing easier around the smaller details.

Soon I'll be reaching the bondo stage of this.

The Upper torso is also being reworked as the proportions make me look like I'm wearing a box so there's that lol

This is a VERY slow build but it is on my list of things to do.

I also have more pics which I post more regularly here:

https://www.facebook.com/theAngelofSteel

Right now I'm more focused on getting Captain Shang ready for March Comic Con. I recently did Rufio which had great results and I also did Battle Rufio (which is also on the page).

Sorry for being away for so long, I'll be sure to keep everyone updated when i finally get this back on track.

cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_20141216_155422 v2.jpg
    IMG_20141216_155422 v2.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 72
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back