Motorball Alita

wayouteast

Sr Member
I seem to be in a figure building run at the moment. I've just completed building and painting a really nice resin kit of Alita, from the movie 'Alita: Battle Angel', in her protective padding, armour and built in 'skate-feet' for the sequence in the movie when she enters the Motorball 2nd-league try-outs, only to discover that every other player on the track is a paid assassin out to kill her... and she still manages to wipe them all out eventually. It's a phenomenal scene, wonderfully directed and edited, one of the best action sequences I've ever seen at the movies, and I really wanted to do her justice!

The kit is available as STL files ready for printing - Motorball Alita - but I bought this figure ready-printed since at the time I didn't have a 3D printer. It went together and cleaned up nicely, and the original sculpt (by ToshiTNE - ToshiTNE User Profile | DeviantArt) is very accurate and captures her likeness really well.

She's about 1/6th scale, standing around 25cm tall.

Once built, it was a pleasure to paint. I used chipping medium on the worn and battered metal parts of her armour, and careful drybrushing on the padding. I've had to make one small change since the photos were taken, for accuracy - the circluar lips around the larger protrusions on the motorball itself should be the same red as the base colour of the ball rather than silver - something I missed when I was painting her!

The Motorball track base is cork sheeting over a curved foam and filler structure. I'm thinking of detailing it slightly, maybe with a few scattered parts of a defeated opponent! :D

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

IMG_5023.JPG IMG_4987.JPG IMG_4980.JPG IMG_5001.JPG IMG_5022.JPG IMG_5013.JPG IMG_5021.JPG IMG_4995.JPG IMG_4984.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back