"Moon"- I finally watched it

I have read everything, and yup! You resumed it well Kevin, it's exactly what's happening! Loved this movie ^^

Thanks Emma! :)

Thought I would put these here---

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

I put these costumes of Sam "5" and Sam "6" together about two years ago, but never had the chance to wear them to a con. In fact this is my first time showing them off. :D

The hardest thing to try and track down was the Hawaiian shirt--- the one I'm wearing was as close as I could find. I must have looked through literally thousands of auctions on ebay back then. None of them were remotely like the one in the film.

The flightsuit is a German one just like the film used flightsuit. Patches were off ebay. I made the Sarang back logo with the artwork from another fan made costume (might have been Charles Kline's "Moon" blog... but now I can't find it). It's actually a transfer rather than a large patch. Shoes are screen accurate. Socks were again "close enough" (the screen used socks had thinner stripes).

Hope you like it!

Kevin

Attachments

• Sam5 001.JPG
    Sam5 001.JPG
    256.5 KB · Views: 193
  • Sam6 001.JPG
    Sam6 001.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 188
  • Sam6 002.JPG
    Sam6 002.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 185
Should we create a prop replica thread? I'm quite curious about a few props made for the movie :p Especially the remote link xD

Nice work, SSgt Burton! (Both on the analysis and the costumes.) One thing I haven't seen discussed is that in Sam's first (?) communication with Tess, if you look to the extreme right of the screen you can see a man's hand and suit sleeve. As if someone is standing there making sure she goes along with the program.

The only thing that totally bugs me about this movie is that throwaway insert shot where Sam launches the helium carrier back to Earth: he obviously just randomly mashes a bunch of keys and hits two at a time. It's minor, but because the rest of the movie is so detailed and thorough and precise, it stands out. Could be worse. ;)

Re: "Moon"- I finally watched it

I loved that film! It seemed to get zero press, and I hadn't even realized it even existed until a friend told me to watch it.

While I don't think they put as much thought into it as SSgt Burton discussed (Treadmill=hamster wheel, GERTY on a track=Sam being tethered, etc), it was clearly very well thought out.

Highly recommended.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back