Modifying Xbox 360 Controller

TheOne1111

Hey guys. This is going to be a busy summer, full of prop and costume making. On top of an Iron Man Mk 42, one of the projects my brother and I had thought of was modding (re-skinning? creating?) a new body for an xbox 360 controller. Take it apart, mold and cast the exterior and then put it all back together and maybe have a functioning custom controller (functioning might be a stretch though. :lol)

I've been doing some research on it, but I'm kind of stumped. It seems like such an obscure thing to do and I haven't found a lot of good info. I have ideas on where to start, and how to make the molds and cast. It's just what kind of material is this? A quick yahoo answer search tells me it's Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS), but I don't think SmoothOn sells that. Finishing? The buttons? It doesn't need to be exact legitimate, but at the same time, it needs to be close, you know? haha.

So I need to do some more homework, but I just wanted to throw this on here, get some ideas, see if someone's attempted this before, and maybe get a little guidance. Might be a nifty, site-wide project, right? haha.

Thanks guys.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back