Military equipment props used in Star Wars movies & series

Freighter Tramper.jpg

Some Freighter trampers were also using military equipment in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. These trampers were economic migrants who felt that they had no choice and needed to leave their homes to search for work elsewhere due to the economic impact on Coruscant caused by the Separatist Crisis.

POV is the left blue human...
1691696942982.png

... he is wearing the M1918 helmet that is a steel helmet used by Switzerland from its introduction in 1918 to its replacement by the M1971 which was formal introduced in 1971 and meantime replaced too.
1691698295386.png

The shape drawing from the German M16 Stahlhelm and sometimes being confused with the coincidentally developed experimental combat helmet Model 5 by the United States sharing the near-same general shape and liner design.

Last edited:
Additional to the last thread ... the Freighter tramper on the bottom right, whose name is Forch Gomou ...
1691740027722.png

... he is wearing a Combat Vehicle Crewman (CVC) Helmet of the 1970s and/or 1980s.
1691739998508.png

It is not clear if it is an US or UK model, but they were similar. These non-ballistic helmets are worn by crewmen aboard Tanks and other Combat Vehicles as a lightly padded crash helmet. The military CVC version comes complete with headphones built in and adjustable microphone.
There is nothing to be seen of it with the character helmet. But he has an integrated oxygen mask.

What do you think the mask was made of?

Last edited:
In my first thread, I presented the German Army Gun cleaning kit / Bundeswehr Waffenreinigungsgerät that was used by Captain Cassian Andor in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ...
Picture.jpg

But this time, I am presenting two or three military equipments that were used in The Mandalorian, Season 1.
In front of Greef Karga there is a plate on his table with two small arms cleaning tools ...
1692526908467.png

... the left one is a MOSIN NAGANT M91/30 dual oiler:
1692527130675.png

These oilers were issued by Russian soldiers in WWII to maintain their small arms. One side was meant for solvent, the other side for lubricating oil.

... the middle piece is a Grease Can of the complete SIG SG510 / Sturmgewehr 57 rifle cleaning kit:
1692527704285.png
1692527723323.png

... about the right object, I am not able to tell you anything. Until now I was was not able to figure out what it is.
1692528033447.png

I think that I saw something like this in the past. That is why I am believing that it is a WWII bandage First Aid Field Dressing.
Maybe someone of you know what it is?!

Last edited:
How about all the Bermans costume house uniforms at the award ceremony at the end of Episode 4, which are unmodified US and Commonwealth WW1 and WW2 uniforms?

Wookieepedia is saying about the Royal Award Ceremony in the Great Temple on Yavin 4 after the Battle that "the extras hired to portray the assembled troops wore orange X-wing pilot costumes and olive-green US Marine suits."
By US Marine they mean the United States Marine Corps (USMC).
But to be honest, I am not quite sure if this is correct. The collar on the uniform does not correspond to the Marines...
images (12).jpeg
images (14).jpeg

... or it is a WWI USMC uniform...
044813.jpg

... but here I see differences too?
Or, they were modified?

Last edited:
In Season 3 of The Mandalorian, Axe Woves is sitting on a K470 aluminium box of the German (Bavarian) Zarges company ...
Zarges1.png

... to the right of Axe is another smaller Zarges box.
Such containers are used in the in the German Armed Forces/Bundeswehr, but also in other armies.
As an example, a similar box from the Bundeswehr, used for medical supplies ...
Zarges2.jpg

BTW ... Axe is using one mug in a barrel look...
Fassbecher.jpg

The mug holds 450 ml, and consists of light weight stainless steel. But I was not able do find out the manufacturer.

Coming back to the Zarges box. They were used in Ahsoka too...
images (16).jpeg

Last edited:
The German Army (Bundeswehr) Duffel bag clip was used in Andor at the starship lot scene by Pegla on his belt as keychain (!).
View attachment 1717291View attachment 1717290
The steel clip consists of a chain and a snap hook for locking. The device is also suitable for a padlock, so this provides extra protection.
In one of my previous threads, I presented Pegla who is using a keychain (!) on his belt.
This belt is a Fireman Rescue or Utility Belt with Hook ...
Fireman Belt.jpg

They are used for positioning and restraint when working on ladders or at heights and for emergency self rescue by Firefightes.
I read somewhere (!) that this is a British belt, but I couldn’t find any conformation.

This time, Military Mess kits are my interest because they were used a couple of times in different Star Wars movies and series.

Lets start with the Yugoslavian or Serbian Mess Kit. Next to a sealable bottle and cutlery set includes (knife, fork, spoon) is a cooking pot and a two-part container that can be used as bowls.
Seb Mess Kit.jpg

Pieces of this mess kit were used in different movies and series.
In Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, the pouch was used by the Rebel soldier Taidu Sefla ...
Taidu_Sefla.jpg

... and the canteen was use by Baze Malbus ...
1693653846011.png

The canteen was also used in Obi-Wan Kenobi (television series) by Tala Durith ...
1693654138585.png

In The Mandalorian (Season 3) the mess kit was used in the background of The Resistor driod bar ...
1693654368624.png

The second miltary mess kit was also used in The Mandalorian (Season 3) in the background. It is the French M52 Mess Kit ...
1693655198478.png
1693655256431.png

The third mess kit was seen in Obi-Wan Kenobi (television series), and it is the Italian M54 Mess Kit...
1693654820930.png

It was used by Obi-Wan Kenobi himself...
1693654887501.png

The last mess kit is the British Military Mess Tin Set, that was used in Andor by the rebel team in Vel Sartha's camp on Aldhani...
1693655742258.png
1693655671317.jpeg

Attachments

• 1693655213381.png
    1693655213381.png
    336.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 1693654712496.png
    1693654712496.png
    205.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Wookieepedia is saying about the Royal Award Ceremony in the Great Temple on Yavin 4 after the Battle that "the extras hired to portray the assembled troops wore orange X-wing pilot costumes and olive-green US Marine suits."
By US Marine they mean the United States Marine Corps (USMC).
But to be honest, I am not quite sure if this is correct. The collar on the uniform does not correspond to the Marines...
View attachment 1732073View attachment 1732084
... or it is a WWI USMC uniform...
View attachment 1732089
... but here I see differences too?
Or, they were modified?
I think your first guess was correct. It looks to me as if the costume department unfolded the collar, as you can see the original creases. Plus the top button doesn't look like the rest on the tunic. Then they probably fabricated a high collar from the original belt.

TazMan2000

I would just like to clarify that "Sabine Wren's Lothal Lookout" is actually Ezra Bridger's home. I hope to see him return there, if we get Season 2 of Ahsoka. ;)

It looks like the prop guys for all of the new SW movies/series go shopping at the STURM/Mil-Tec surplus warehouse in Germany ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back