Metal Gear Solid:- The Movie

I'm excited but skeptical. It'll be a tough translation.

If they nail it I'll be one happy camper though.

Nick

This sounds bad. I know they turned down the scripts written by David Hayter who plays snake in the games and knows the storylines and they said he won't be Snake. I know tons of fans are already planning not to see it just for that and apparently there have been petitions. I know they had wanted Christian Bale to be snake.

I have no doubt that Hayter would rock in this movie and I bet his scripts he submitted were top notch. I saw him as Snake on an awards show and it was cool even though it was a thrown together sketch.

A long time ago I wanted this but the last few games have been films in their own right. We don't need this and I'm afraid it won't be very good...

If they wanted to make a film that best represents MGS itd have to be SO long considering how long the cutscenes are in game. I'm pretty sure in MGS4 there's one that's dangerously close to an hour long.
I'm going to Eurogamer at the end off the month where Hideo Kojima is doing a dev session on the 25th Metal Gear anniversary. If we're allowed to ask questions I'll try bring up the movie and see what he thinks about it.

If anything a trilogy of CGI films would be the best bet but then I'd only trust the creator to oversee this.

Frankly I'm more excited about the MGS: Ground Zeroes trailer-
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes Trailer - YouTube

That said this would be cool to see-
big-boss-metal-gear-solid-3-hugh-jackman.jpg

Nick

I used to quite enjoy the games but the last one I played IMHO was beyond pretentious, if you tried to put something like that in a movie, it would get laughed off the screen.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back