Metal Gear Solid Props - Guns, Gear and Gadgets

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 Props - Snakes Operator

thank you thank you. Best thing is, they sell them at the atlanta cutlery which is 10 min from my house! woo

UPDATE: MGS4 "Operator" Inspired Custom WE 1911 Tactical (Airsoft).

I have finally to come to admit to myself that I'm done with this project for now. As you can see much has changed since I started this thread with my initial attempt into recreating Snake's final signature sidearm. I was trying to keep it as cheap as possible though its hard to avoid spending a lot when Japanese parts are needed. luckily, we sell most of the parts I needed. And yes technically it should have Springfield Armory trades but they proper slide is hard and expensive to come by.

3556486339_8bf4bb21b3.jpg

3557296682_36af885bc7.jpg

3557295642_a15fc268b5.jpg

3556485681_fd5bf40d79.jpg

External:
WE 1911 Tactical (Wilson)
Nineball 1911 Threaded barrel (Lightly polished)
PDI Delta Hammer
WA Wilson's Barrel Bushing (Polished)
WA Wilson's Mag Well (heavily modded to fit)
RS Wilson's Full length Recoil rod and plug (Cant afford the $400 Lasermax)
KSC 1911 grips modified to fit Ambi safety and Dry brushed light tan
King Arms Advanced Armament Evolution .45 Silencer
G&P M3 light w/ Surefire P60L bulb.

Internal:
Guarder reinforced loading muzzle
PDI Winter Piston head

tell me what you think.

Last edited:

Totally awes, man. I've seen this sucker in person and it's one of the coolest replica sidearms I've ever had the pleasure to lay my eyes upon.

Well done.

....and yes, those pics are huge on even my 27" monitor.

Totally awes, man. I've seen this sucker in person and it's one of the coolest replica sidearms I've ever had the pleasure to lay my eyes upon.

Well done.

....and yes, those pics are huge on even my 27" monitor.

Thanks.

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 Props - Snakes Operator, UPDATED PICS 3/23!

Damn thats an amazing gun!

Cool props everyone I love the Metal Gear series great to see the cool stuff popping up into reality!

I love the look of that gun. Might I suggest one last small change? The rear sight should be adjustable like this one:

565573.jpg

And I hate to nitpic because I know you have put a lot of work into this gun, but there shouldn't be any forward cocking serations.

Still a great looking gun! Love it.

- John

Oh yeah I admit its not perfect. I love the Trijicon rear sight but holy cow they are expensive and I doubt they would fit. We have some adjustable rear sights at work but I havent found any I can live with yet. About the serrations, the gun in the game is not a perfect rendering of the real Life weapon. If you check the first post of this thread you can see the difference. I guess I was aiming for something inbetween the two. My biggest gripe is the rail on my replica is a notch or so shorter than it should be.

Thanks for the Comments...John from Atlanta :confused

Yeah, I figured you knew, and I was just pointing out the obvious, but since nobody else said anything, I figured I'd chime in.

As for the sights, I bet you could pick up a pair of Wilson Combat adjustables eventually. They run about $100, but I'm betting they would fit since the slide is a licensed WC product.

And as a side note, the sights used on the MGS3 1911 were Wilson Combat low profile snag free sights. I'm looking into customizing a Springfield 1911 sometime in the future and will be using these sights.

I'm thinking gray frame and black pakerized slide with vertical forward and rear cocking serations akin to the MGS3 1911. And of course a threaded barrel is a must.

- John

dont forget to file down the grips so you can equip your knife Knightsaber :lol

on a side note there a code for mgs4 that unlocks the 1911 from mgs3 and when viewed it shows the details in the grip that snake carved in to it

Yeah I like the MGS3 1911 too, I'd like to work on one of those next. Thats cool about the 1911 cheat, ill have to try it out tonight.

indeed input the code then go to the virtual range and select it and behold its custom glory

Oh yeah, I just did that a couple weeks ago. It's definitely the best handgun on the game and my personal favorite.

MGS3 Naked Snake's 1911. Pics from MGS4 Weapon Viewer 1080P.

Though these might help inspire some of us to attempt to get this MGS prop perfectly replicated.

3557371006_370598e058.jpg

3556560087_fb0bf11285.jpg

3556559869_e3fabf0fa1.jpg

Incredible work! i wish there were more photos of the ninja helmet and the solid eye!

I wish it too...
Unfortunately there is no time at all to work on those props properly, but both are on the workbench!I hope I will be able to do some more work on both soon...;)
But don't hold your breath!:lol

Here is my stunningly accurate MGS2 replica.

snakeinaboxbyresurrecti.jpg

On a side note, I have been creating a model of the Solid Eye System.

62845937.png

Last edited:

GREAT screencaps!:cool:thumbsup

thanks! I wish they Would a implement a Screen Shot taker into the PS3. until then my Sony 8.1MP P&S will have to do.

Here is my stunningly accurate MGS2 replica.

snakeinaboxbyresurrecti.jpg

On a side note, I have been creating a model of the Solid Eye System.

62845937.png

Love the Papercraft!, Need the Solid Eye!

...And Stunknife:cry

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back