Men in Black Large Guns

Rick,

What happened to the MIB1 guns after you made them? Specifically the hero versions. Did Sony keep them?

I ask because I was the Technical Video Supervisor for the Miss Universe Pageant and in the summer of '97 we were in South Padre, TX for the Miss Teen USA pageant.

During this pageant, the musical portion centered around all the girls doing the Will Smith "Men In Black" dance number since the movie had been so popular. All the girls dressed in black..using the toy neuralizer as a prop....dancing around and what not.

Anyway...the host of the show was to come out dressed as an MIB agent...holding the big gun.

Our props dept was able to procure a gun from Sony for the host to use. It was the "Shotgun" that Tommy Lee wielded. (Not the tri-barrel.)

From what I recall...memory may be foggy...but I swear it was all metal. It weighed a ton. It had moving parts (you could cycle a round like a shotgun). I must have played with that thing forever. Really cool.

One of the handles was missing the black grip portion. I don't recall a working trigger...just the trigger guard.

I recall that the front of the gun looked a lot like a found piece...like a chrome rear light housing off an old vintage buick car or something.

Does the MIB gun I was able to play with sound familiar? I don't think it was a replica. I know when the package came in for the gun it stated it was straight from Sony based on the paperwork.

Last edited:
I hate to be the Necrobumper, but this year i've been knee deep in my Men in Black Fandom and collecting. whatever happen to this project?

The gun got sent off to someone that's working on it. Its been a long wait, but its slowly creeping along. Hopefully not too much longer...

Yeah, I hope it turns out good. The thing is huge and has a tremendous amount of detail and parts that had to be redone and repaired. Plus, he said that a friend of his said that they have the original ones on hand at the production office for MIB3. Can't remember where it was at. And since the stunt casting I had was missing a lot of the extra tiny parts and ones that were cast kinda poorly, it might turn out to be a big help.

i think i just teared up reading this post u made lol. I think there production offices are in NY somewhere no? i remember a casting call being sent out for extras on MIB3 somewhere in queens?? awesome tho, this will be grand!!!

So I do know one of the board members works at the place that made the new guns... I am curious if they will be all new or if SONY pulled some the stuff out the vault?

Sony still has most (if not all) of the stuff from 1 and 2 in their archives. The MIB 3 production had most of it here, for a while- we did some repairs and modifications to a few things.

Sony still has most (if not all) of the stuff from 1 and 2 in their archives. The MIB 3 production had most of it here, for a while- we did some repairs and modifications to a few things.

I was hoping you would see my post... LOL Very cool, they are in post now are they not. Very excited to see this film in May!

I thought that they are using the new designs shown at the ComicCon? Tell us you got some great pictures for our view pleasure of the Tri-Barrel and Pulsar Blaster? :love

****MiB3 SPOILERS****

Trailer is out! =)

NEW BFG GUN
BigGun.jpg

BigGun2.jpg

K-GUN
KGun.jpg

NEW TRUNK GUNS
Trunk.jpg

NEW MIB3 Neuralizer
neuralizer.jpg

neuralizerflash.jpg

MIB POCKET WATCH
MiBWatch.jpg

MiB Time Jump Device

TimeJumpDevice.jpg

TimeJumpDevice2.jpg

60s Neuralizer ?

TimeMAchine.jpg

Last edited:
What you have labelled as the "time changing machine" is actually the 60s neuralyzer.

I think I really like the new neuralyzer now. Seeing this stuff in action is really changing my opinion. It is so weird to be seeing new MiB stuff though after a decade.

Anyone have any good pictures of these guns that haven't already been posted? I'm trying to gather some good reference pictures.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back